Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Four Months!

This post is a little late, but I wanted to wait until I had weight and measurements before I posted.

I cannot believe that Sophie is 1/3 of a year old (as one of my dear friends pointed out)! Where on earth does the time go? I seriously feel like I just entered the OR, that we just brought her home, that we were running on straight adrenaline and no sleep. And yet, those days are in the past. In some ways I am glad because I do so very much enjoy my sleep :) In others, I am sad at how big she is :(

Our sweet Sophie is the light of my life, my greatest joy. I love her smiles, her laughter, her talking and cooing. I am so proud of her every milestone. It won't be long before her first Halloween, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas, first birthday party. Cooing will have manifested into words, her rolling over will have become crawling and walking, and eventually she will no longer be my "baby" (though, in my eyes she will never ever be anything less than my baby girl). It's like I blink and another month has literally flown by. That being said, here is my attempt to keep up with my growing girl :)

At four months, Sophie, you:
  • Weigh 11 lbs 12 oz and are 25" long and have a head circumference of 16 (10th and 75th percentiles respectfully; she did not give me the percentile for the head circumference but since she said you are perfect, I assume that this is a-ok too).
  • Did ok with this round of shots. One was VERY painful ~ apparently the medicine burns/stings for a little while afterwards. It was a good 5-6 minutes before you were completely calm again. Can we say RED-FACED and LOUD?! If it makes you feel any better, this was awful for Mommy too ~ you know, it actually probably doesn't make it any better but at least it's on record ;)
  • Still in love with Sesame Street, particularly Elmo, and are now the proud owner of two Elmos of your very own.
  • Have accidentally pulled out some of your brother's fur :( Poor Georgie! Thankfully, besides a minor yelp, he didn't do anything other than give you kisses...such a good boy!!! (George, Mommy is TERRIBLY sorry, but SO proud!)
  • Eat 6 oz five times a day and a tablespoon of rice cereal in your nighttime bottle.
  • Sleep in your big girl crib ~ and wildly I might add :) You are never in the same spot for long!
  • Go to sleep sometime between 7:30 and 8:30 and wake up around 6:30. I think you'd actually sleep longer but we have to wake you up to get ready for daycare.
  • Started daycare on August 16th :( This I do not like at all! However, I am grateful that you actually love it ~ you have great teachers, are fascinated by the other babies, and are going to learn soooo much. Such a big girl you are!
  • Like to be on your tummy and are learning how to pull your knees underneath you.
  • Adore the exersaucer.
  • Like the jumperoo but do more spinning than jumping.
  • Smile and laugh more than you cry ~ a personal Mommy favorite!
  • Are infatuated with your hands and often have them in your mouth ~ sucking fingers but not thumb...not sure about this one...
  • Very interested in toys ~ especially the playmat, Elmo, and your O-Ball.
  • Have found your voice and make excellent use of it ;)
  • Are a bubble making machine!
  • Still wear Size 1 diapers and 3 month clothes. You can wear 6-month shirts though they are a little big; 3-month bottoms are still HUGE so you'll be in these for a while longer.
  • Really like Stroller Strides and walking/jogging in the jogging stroller. The faster the better!
  • No longer have a bassinet or bouncy seat as Mommy and Daddy put these away in storage. Not that you've even noticed...
  • Are learning to sit unassisted with your hands out in front of you. Once you get the balance factor down, there won't be any stopping you!
  • Like to watch yourself in mirrors ~ such a pretty girl to talk to :)
  • Still LOVE car rides (thank you, thank you, thank you)
  • Have tried rice cereal from a spoon but are not quite sold on the whole slow-eating process. Dr. McGrann suggested we practice more in a couple of weeks with some fruits and veggies if we wanted to. However, it's not a necessary thing since your nutrient requirements are fulfilled in your formula.
  • Not so much into your paci unless it's naptime or bedtime. Yea! Here's to hoping for an easy weening process.
  • Really don't understand the point of a pack and play. Maybe when you can sit up better this one will interest you a little more.
  • Sleep better with your sound machine.
  • Enjoy playdates with Julian ~ so glad you have friends around your age!
  • Take well to new people.
  • Are beyond perfect, absolutely precious, and my sweet amazing angel!
I love you Peanut!!!

Always and forever,
Mommy

P.S. With a guess of 12 lbs 2 oz and 25" long, Mimi is the winner :) In second place, Aunt Jaime, with a guess of 12 lbs 2 oz and 24" long. If you didn't win, no worries! There are no prizes, just fun times and bragging rights :) Thanks for playing!

August 13, 2010
Four Months

Love this big grin! Happy baby when she wakes up :)

August 18, 2010
On Our Way to Four Month Check-Up

My fingers are soooooo YUMMY!

6 comments:

Sabrina Bowen said...

Something I've always done for my baby's shots is give her Tylenol or Motrin about 30 minutes before shot time, which is typically when we get there and are in the waiting room. She's never cried for more then a minute or two at the most, and I swear its because of the pain medicine! I hope she does well tonight for you. Warm baths and a little gentle rub on the legs may help too. : )

Anonymous said...

Love these photos of your precious girl! So very cute and very happy!

Holly said...

She is just so beautiful Heather! Logan went through a finger stage too, and he loves his sound machine! All I have to do is turn it off in the morns and he wakes up. And that little grin...just too stinking cute!

The Paradis Family said...

ADORABLE pictures...I miss her!!!! We need to schedule a play date...for Sophie and Aunt Jaime that is! :-)
And I can't believe Mimi beat me...so close!!

Anonymous said...

Just adorable! Do you have an iphone? Baby Einstein has an App if you do! Just in case you ever need it!

The Taliaferro Family said...

Sabrina ~ I will definitely try that next time. The screaming broke my heart :( She did great last night but is a little fussy this morning ~ though from a tummy ache and not the shots!

Traci and Holly ~ Thank you! I think she's pretty cute myself ;)

Aunt Jaime ~ I am ready when you are! Miss you and love you lots, Sophie

Kristin ~ I do have an iPhone ~ I'll have to look into that for sure! Maybe there is one for Sesame Street too :)