Yes, it may not seem that those emotions could all be felt at the same time...but they can! Trust me ~ I have been in the midst of them all day :)
I am blessed to have an amazing, beautiful, capture your heart in an instant little girl! A girl who lights up my life every single day, who wrinkles her little button nose while being spoon fed (even though she seems to actually like the apples), who wakes up with a smile on her face, who brings a sense of joy to our house that I've never known before, who seems to love anyone, and is certainly loved even more in return.
A year ago today, my world changed forever. In what was a single minute in my life, everything that had once seemed so very important became completely inconsequential. In that one moment, I learned I was pregnant ~ I squealed, I cried, I panicked, I laughed. It is certainly a moment in my life that I will never forget and one that I will never for one second take for granted.
That moment is still so vivid in my mind that it seems like it was yesterday ~ and yet, an entire year has passed. I'm sorry but let me just make sure you got that ~ an ENTIRE YEAR!!!!!
And the ironic part of all of this ~ on a day when I could have been incredibly sad about returning to work, the Lord reminded me of what He blessed us with a year ago to the day. So maybe it isn't ironic at all. Maybe this is His way of letting me know that He has a greater plan for me than what my feeble mind is capable of understanding ~ because really what are the odds these two experiences, BIG experiences, would land on the exact day one year apart?? Maybe this is His gentle reminder of the joy that is in my life, in the beautiful form of my perfect, blue-eyed angel. Maybe this is His way of saying, it's ok to be a little sad about returning to work and hence, not being able to spend most of my day with my sweet girl ~ but also, and more importantly, to remember that I get to go home to a wonderful, super active, healthy, and happy baby!
And for that, I will always, always, always be grateful beyond measure! What a year it has been ~ and I wouldn't trade one second of it for the entire world!!!
Sophie Grace,
I have loved you from that very moment a year ago. And each and every day, even when I don't know how it could be possible, I love you more than the day before. You truly are my angel!
Always and forever,
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment