Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 7, 2010

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~ Desmond Tutu

This past week my mom (aka Mimi) took a few days of vacation, so Sophie and I took this opportunity to go back to Newton and visit family and friends. While I'm sure everyone was thrilled to see me, oh heck, who am I kidding... Sophie was the main attraction all day, every day :) I was basically a chauffeur! But who can blame them for finding her WAY more exciting than me? She is just too cute for words and that smile could melt a heart of stone and brighten anyone's day :) (Of course, I could be slightly biased!)

Sophie is a little too young to understand how blessed she is, but she is certainly one lucky girl to be so loved. I know a lot of people who never had the joy of knowing their grandparents and Sophie has soooo many ~
  • Grandparents: Mimi, Pop-Pop, Grandma, Papa John, Nana, Pawpaw
  • Great-Grandparents: Mimi and Papa Canty, Mema, Grandma and Grandpa Henninger
  • Great-Great Grandparents: Mawmaw Richardson
Told you she had a lot!

Grandmothers are just antique little girls. ~ Author Unknown

Here are a few pictures of Sophie and Mawmaw (Great-Great Grandmother). Mawmaw Richardson will turn 100, yes ONE HUNDRED years old, next month. To me, these pictures are absolutely priceless! I cannot even begin to explain the feelings that came over me while I watched these two. Joy, pure and unexplainable joy...what a treasure...


Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation. ~ Lois Wyse

Sophie with Mimi and Papa Canty. Papa has a myriad of health issues but the Lord blessed Sophie and I with a couple of really good days with him! It always brings me a bit of peace when I get just a little glimpse of who my Papa was before all of his health issues took such a toll. And, for some reason, Sophie finds him HILARIOUS! I wish I would have had the video camera with me right then because he had her cracking up :)


Nobody's family can hang out the sign, "Nothing the matter here." ~ Chinese proverb

The crazy side of the family :) Sophie's Aunt Amy, cousins Kylie and Ashton, and my now disowned brother-in-law. I'm sorry ~
Do you see what my brother-in-law DARED to wear in my presence? Um, that just cost you a future visit with your niece! We do not, I repeat, DO NOT, condone that hat and hence, the quote above is quite applicable :)


What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories. ~ George Eliot

And that about sums up our visit! I love my family and cherish each of you (even if you (Kelton) did get dropped on your head as a child and believe that burnt orange is an attractive color)!

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

LOVE the pics of Sophie with Mawmaw! Too precious!