Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend in Words

Why do weekends have to be so short? Friday you are thrilled because you are about to start the weekend, Saturday is fabulous because you know you still have ONE more day, and Sunday you sulk because you have to go back to work the next day. I would absolutely vote for a 4-day weekend if ever provided the opportunity! I would vote for Monday's just because I hate Mondays...but then I guess I would have to hate Tuesdays...anyway that's enough random rambling =)

We had a busy weekend ~ fun-filled but busy! I picked up Kylie and Ashton from my sister on Friday evening and thankfully they were ready for bed by the time we got back! I am SO NOT a night owl!!!

Saturday morning the girls and I went and shopped at a few stores, had lunch at Pei Wei, went ice skating and then painted pottery. The girls whined a lot while ice skating and wanted to go after an hour...and then, when I asked them what their favorite activity was on the way home today the vote was unanimous...ICE SKATING! DO WHAT??? Are you kidding me? How is that possible amidst all the whining? Anyway, if I ever decide to take them to do that again, please remind me to go back to this particular post!

Pottery was a blast and I was very proud of them for taking their time and being patient. The first time we went a few months ago, they both made these TERRIBLY HIDEOUS angels with soccer balls. I know I should be the supportive aunt and love anything they made, but seriously, there are no kind words for the rainbow colored angels that were created.

Kevin was at a pool party for most of the day Saturday and then spent a little while getting me a NEW COMPUTER!!!!! Yea for me ~ I love it =) The other one was getting slow and cranky, plus the enter key broke. Have you ever noticed how much you use the enter key??? Trust me, it's A LOT!!!!! Not having one was sheer torture...ok, maybe that's a bit drastic, but it certainly wasn't fun =(

We all met up for dinner and then took the girls to see Bandslam. I had no hopes for this teenager flick but it was actually cute! Go ahead and laugh ~ it's ok =)

Today we went to the Museum of Natural Science. The exhibits were fun ~ I think Kevin and I enjoyed them more than the girls. Maybe they aren't quite old enough to appreciate the exhibits fully...mental note made for future visits! They do seem to like the IMAX movie Under the Sea. It still amazes me how many people reach out to touch the animals! People...it isn't actually in front of you...it's only an ILLUSION! Kids get a pass just because it is a cool experience and they are young. Adults not so much =)

Because you are likely tired of my ramblings which have no effect on your daily life, I will wrap it up with this. I had a fabulous dinner with a great friend who I love dearly and haven't seen in FOREVER! Don't you love friends like that! No matter how long it's been when you get together, it might as well have been yesterday! I love you Jennifer!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: