CAME HOME A DAY EARLY!!!!!!!!
I love my husband!!! Kevin was supposed to be gone for work until tomorrow afternoon and last night he mentioned that if all things went in our favor he MIGHT get to come home today instead. Rather than get my hopes up, I figured it probably wouldn't happen ~ better not to hope and therefore, avoid the disappointment. Plus, if you know us, we DO NOT have the best of luck! James and Jaime pick on us b/c it seems we always get the cranky server at restaurants or the annoying teenagers in the movie theater sitting DIRECTLY behind us...anyway, I digress...
So today, I email him around 2 and ask how things were going and that since I hadn't heard from him that I would assume he wasn't coming home early. No big deal ~ the pups and I could make it ONE more day. He responded and said that yes, he was going to be a couple of more hours based on the number of people left to speak and wouldn't be able to catch an earlier flight :(
I called around 5:30 and he didn't answer. So Annie and I left a message updating Daddy on how her rehab went, chalked it up to him probably being at dinner since he was an hour ahead, and went home to clean.
At 9 the phone rings and he asks how I am and I say we are all doing fine. And he says..."Why don't you come to the front door?" And there he was!!!!!! My baby is home AND WITH FLOWERS TOO :)
How great is that?! Truly the best surprise I could have ever asked for! I love you Honey :) Welcome Home!


No comments:
Post a Comment