That being said, all I really wanted to do was crawl into bed and mope about how my plan didn't go as I had dreamed it up in my head ~ and if you know me at all ~ you know the plan in my head was rather detailed...I mean seriously, my spices are alphabetized on a tiered shelf in my cabinet ~ who does that???
But as I sat watching 18 Kids and Counting (yes, I do watch it!), the Lord brought me this verse which I had read earlier this morning in my devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
So even though, nothing that happened to me this evening was earth-shattering, I learned this. Even if I do think the sky is falling and the rooster is crowing and life in general is just way too complicated and difficult, at the end of the day, what matters is that I stand on my faith that the Lord is a good God and loves me unconditionally. He may test me and I may hate it (because let's be honest, the tests He often gives us, REALLY STINK!) but everything that has happened to me, is happening now, and is going to happen in the future is all history to Him. It's all going to be ok! When the thunderstorm is over, the sky will be blue again, the sun will rise, and tomorrow is a new day!
Tomorrow is always a new day! Thank the Lord for that!


No comments:
Post a Comment