Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." ~ Abraham Lincoln

I am so glad that mothers everywhere get a day to be honored and remembered because being a mother is truly a job that is both the most difficult and the most rewarding.

In celebrating my very first Mother's Day, I think I had this idea that I would wake up feeling different. The truth is that I did wake up feeling different but that is only because my dear, precious husband gave me the best gift ever ~ SLEEP!

As for me feeling different because it's Mother's Day ~ I didn't really. Everyday is Mother's Day for me. I wake up to the most precious face in the entire world, one that completes my soul, one that showers me with an unconditional love that I will never take for granted.

She is my dear, sweet angel and I am forever blessed to have been given the opportunity to be her mother. It is a role that I will cherish as long as I live, because how can you not love a bond like this...

2 comments:

Jonell w Harrison said...

My Girls: That's how I always refer to the elite group of precious jewels I taught in Texas [ sunday School Bible Study ] They were all high school students-many sold out to walking the walk with the Lord we serve- how they blessed and enriched my life.

It's been about 7 yrs now and I still readily reach for 'our stories and experiences" shared during those years. As I have reconnected with them on facebook-what an incredible joy to hear from them and discern from their posts shared and photos the lives they are leading now as young wives, professionals and Mommies.

Yes Heather { C} some things do just leave one speechless..like today and your Sophie's day of birth {BIRTHDAY} some of these moments in our lives when all I can say is: "I STAND AMAZED IN THE PRESENCE..of Jesus the Nazarene"

God Bless and protect you and Kevin and Sophie...today and all days.
[5-12-2010] if I alreadyshared this post with you ..just delete it ok? I forgot if I did or not.;..happens when u get old :^)

The Taliaferro Family said...

I sure do love you Mrs. Harrison! You made such an impact on my life and I will forever cherish you and all the support and wisdom you have given me throughout the years. Never doubt how special you are!!!!!!