Over the last five weeks, I have learned one thing...that this little one rules the roost. Even the dogs come running when she cries ~ that is some pretty powerful crying if you ask me! And George has now decided that Mommy is TOTALLY deaf and simply can't hear Sissy when she is crying, so he must therefore, join in the noise and bark incessantly until I arrive. It's a loud house around here that's for sure ~ good thing Sophie doesn't need quiet to sleep!
It amazes me how much Sophie has changed from the first day we welcomed her into our arms. She is so much more interactive and definitely lets you know when she wants attention (which I might add is pretty much all day!). She is so sweet and I love her more every single day ~ I know I say that every time, but it really is true! I had no idea one could love another human being the way I love this precious child. This is truly what I was meant to do with my life ~ so now I could finally answer that age old question. What do I want to be when I grow up? I'm doing it ~ I want to be a Mommy!
At five weeks my sweet girl, you are ~
- Weigh approximately 8 lbs 3 oz (with onesie and bib so adjust accordingly)
- ALMOST out of your newborn onesies
- Look tiny in your 0-3 month outfits (so you are kind of at an in-between stage)
- Still wear newborn diapers (Huggies fit better because they go up to 10 lbs.)
- Take somewhere between 3-4 oz per feeding
- Sort of not spitting up AS much ~ though Uncle James might disagree with this one after his babysitting experience :)
- Becoming much more interactive
- Staying awake longer
- SMILING :) ~ This is by far my favorite development even if you don't do it intentionally! I have yet to get this on camera or video :( UGH!!!
- Getting used to car rides and behave almost all the time while we are out. We will disregard yesterday's meltdown in Target...everyone gets a freebie once in a while!
- Are ticklish on your feet
- Love being talked to
- Like bedtime stories (at least I think so!)
- Mimicking Mommy and Daddy with certain facial expression (i.e. open mouth, stick out tongue, etc)
- Rest more peacefully with white noise (aka recorded bathroom fan)
- Wake up twice a night (typically between 1:30 and 2:00 and then again between 5:00 and 6:00)
- Have an uncanny ability to wake up as soon as I sit down to eat or start a chore
- Still dislike the playmat ~ this one I don't understand ~ it seems really fun to me!
- Would prefer to live outside
- Have officially used your swing so much we needed a battery replacement this morning
- Are hanging on to your blue eyes (YEA!)
- Seem to be having a hair color change - you can blame the reddish tint on me!
- And as always, melt my heart every day!
I love you sweetheart!



No comments:
Post a Comment