Since Mimi (my Mom) dislocated her elbow the weekend before Sophie was born, she hadn't been able to come and stay with us as originally planned. Now that she is on her way to recovery (YEA!), we wanted to take Sophie back to our roots for a visit and as part of our Mother's Day gifts to the grandmothers. I am so glad that we were able to make this trip and allow my Mom that special time with her newest granddaughter...they are only so tiny for a such a short time and I certainly didn't want her to miss out.
In addition to getting some serious Mimi loving, Sophie also got to meet her two great-grandmothers and great-grandfather. I am so blessed that Sophie still has so many wonderful grandparents and great-grandparents to share in her life. She even has a great-great-grandmother who turns 100 this year! I sure do hope that Sophie and Mawmaw are able to meet soon ~ 5 generations is certainly something not everyone gets to be a part of!!!
Here are a few pictures from our trip :)
Mimi and Sophie Rocking
Mimi Canty (Paternal Great-Grandmother)
Papa Canty (Paternal Great-Grandfather) ~ Pa made great friends with George and Annie! Pa just laughed and smiled at George the whole time and George loves anyone who offers up rubs :) A great group they made!






No comments:
Post a Comment