Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 14, 2012

People, She's Two!

TWO!  Did you hear me?  TWO!!!!!!!  My sweet baby girl is not really a baby anymore...she's TWO!  Technically, at this point, she's two and a month.  But I guess at two you kind of stop talking in months.  I guess now we are down to counting in half years.  I guess this officially means my baby is a toddler :(

It doesn't seem possible that it was over two years ago that we first laid eyes on our precious, tiny baby girl for the first time.  In that split second, I learned the power of unconditional love for another human being...that moment when you know without a doubt, you would do anything in your power to protect this amazing gift.  In that single second, in a sterile operating room, with doctors all around, my entire world was focused on her.  She stole my heart.  In that moment, I just knew I couldn't love her more than I did then.  And yet, somehow I do.

In two years, she has taught me so much about the world, so much about myself, and so much about life in general.  She has taught me patience and kindness.  She has taught me to smile often and laugh even more.  She has taught me that the joys in life are in the everyday moments.  She has taught me that it is more important to play and make memories than it is to have a perfectly organized and spotless house.  She has taught me to truly live each day to its fullest and even the worst day at work isn't worth my time...because my time with her is more valuable than anything I could bring home.  You see, in short, she has taught me to be a better me and hopefully in doing that, I am a better Mommy, wife and friend.

Sweet Sophia ~ Mommy loves you!  Always and forever...to the moon and back!!!  You continue to amaze me every single day with the things you do...and here are just a few :)
  • Are 25 lbs and 34.75 inches tall.  Give or take about the same percentages as normal (26.24%age in weight and 73.07%age in height)
  • Wear size 18-24 month bottoms.  Possibly a 2T if they are adjustable waist and we tighten then as much as possible.
  • Typically wear a 3T shirt simply for length.  
  • Wear size 6 shoes...and if it was up to you, you would wear your Twinkle Toes every day.  By the way, you probably have almost as many shoes as Mommy.  And that is a lot for a kid your age.  Not sure where you got your shoe fetish but it wasn't from me (who would live in flip flops if possible).
  • Wear size 5 diapers.  
  • Have pull-ups, training pants and big girl panties.  However, we are no longer interested in actually going potty.  The pediatrician said it's just as well for now since you would probably revert anyway when Lilah comes along.
  • Still sleep an average 11-12 hours a night and nap for about 1.5-2 hours a day.
  • Like routine and this I love!!!  For instance our night time routine goes like this...dinner, bath, pjs, story time, Jesus Loves Me, hugs and kisses, tuck in and night-night.
  • Sleep with the following:  Teddy, Elmo, Pillow Pet and sometimes Care Bear.  We've tried to remove Care Bear because frankly the bed was just getting really full!
  • Are independent and want to learn to do everything by yourself.
  • Hate having your teeth brushed.  I have resorted to bribing you with a gummy bear in the morning.  Counter intuitive but it works!
  • Not such a fan of having your hair done either.  Sometimes I force ponytails and bows but most often not so much.  If I can get it combed for school, I count my blessings and move on.  Besides most of the time if I send bows, they magically go missing...
  • Still have a love/hate relationship with Bubba...sometimes you two torture one another and the next you are playing fetch and are the best of friends.  Oh how I wish I knew how to make this more a love than a love/hate relationship.
  • Love Yo Gabba Gabba
  • Had three, yes THREE birthday parties (Mimi's, school and Little Gym)
  • Can sort of count to 10 (you seem to be averse to the number four)
  • Sing on a very regular basis...especially in the car and especially "Happy Birthday".  Some of your other favorites:  "The Wheels on the Bus", "ABCs", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Shoo Fly" and "Old McDonald"
  • Are quite thrilled that the pools are open and start swim lessons this Friday!  Mommy is excited and nervous about this.  But I know it's the best option given the fact that a) you are a water bug and b) you seem to have NO fear of water.
  • Can blow bubbles pretty well at this point.
  • Have a REALLY good arm!  I know a couple of uncles who are going to be excited about this.
  • Feed Bubba dinner almost every night.
  • Like to help with laundry and the dishwasher!
  • Are quite enthusiastic about Emi!  Meaning that anything that is really for Lilah is really Emi's in your world (pacifiers, swing, carseat, etc).  You even have a song about Lila's carseat...it goes a little something like this.  "Emi sits here, Emi sits here, Emi sits here."  You get the point.  Even when I interrupt and ask about Lilah or Avi, it's the same answer..."Emi sits here."  Duh Mom!  What part of the song didn't you understand?!
  • Have received some rave reviews from your teachers at school about how helpful and kind you are during the day.  Unfortunately it also seems you are often the victim of the biter :(  Just between you and me (and the blog readers), sometimes I wish you weren't quite as sweet and kind to that particular child...I know, I know...I shouldn't say that!
  • Like to have your feet rubbed and your toe nails painted.  A child after my own heart!
  • Love books and love to "read" to us.
  • A master at puzzles and your match game.
  • Have two twin baby dolls you have appropriately named Emi and Avi.
  • Like to sit in your rocker while you watch cartoons on the weekends.
  • Are your Daddy's child and always want to go "bye-bye".
  • Are your Mother's child and can down some serious snow cones.
  • Had your first major coloring "uh-oh" on Daddy's watch I might add.  A little something involving a pen and a couch.  Thank goodness alcohol removes a lot of things!
  • Still don't eat much meat and don't really like regular milk.  Now chocolate or strawberry milk...that's a different story.  I'll take what I can get, especially since I hate milk myself.
  • Have developed that independent bone...and it's a good thing you've taught me patience because otherwise the "No Mommy"s and "I do it"s would likely drive me bananas...or at least more bananas than it already does.  I try to remember that communicating is equally as frustrating for you as it is for us when don't seem to be speaking the same language.
  • Like to shut doors...it bugs you if doors are open for no reason.  Being big and pregnant, Mommy sure does appreciate that you are so willing to shut the door behind Bubba :)
  • Talk pretty clearly (I think).
  • Love Play-Doh
  • Think your new curtains "are pretty Mommy"
  • Play with your jewelry almost every day
  • Enjoy animals and like to play "I Hear Ewe" on Mommy's phone
  • Like to play "tickle, tickle" and chase
  • Love talking to "Gamma and Pappa" over iChat!  Sometimes I do love modern technology :)
  • Your favorite color is purple...or maybe this is just your favorite response to "What color is this?"
  • Are ok at identifying colors.  Your teachers insist that you know almost all of your colors and are just giving Mommy a hard time at home :)
  • Give the best hugs and kisses and can comfort me when no one else really can.  Hearing "I love you Mommy" is truly the greatest feeling in the entire world.
  • Are absolutely amazing and I totally adore you!!!  Thank you for loving me sweet baby.  I am so incredibly blessed to be your Mommy.
All my love and hugs, always and forever,
Mommy

3 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

I so LOVE that she loves Emi (and maybe Avi?!) so much and think it's hilarious that everything seems to be theirs :)
Still cannot believe she is two....slow down sweet girl!!! Aunt JaJa loves you...almost as much as your mommy does ;)

misplaced texan said...

Such a list but you left out 'loves to Ichat with Gamma and Pappa.
" Hi Gamma, Where's Pappa?"

Gamma loves this sweet girl, Pappa, too.

Gail

The Taliaferro Family said...

List has been updated :) We love Gamma and Pappa too!