Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

HLSR ~ Second & Third Attempt...

This is officially my second attempt (see prior post) of the day to post and actually gain some ground on that whole "catch up the blog" item on my to-do list.  Of course, it also might be lovingly referred to by some as procrastination.  Why?  Because instead of packing my hospital bag, Soph's bag, the dog's bag, folding laundry, installing infant carseats or even making yet another list of all the things I still need to do, I am choosing to prop up in bed and blog.  But I'm pregnant and that is my right ~ at least for a little while longer :)

Plus, So-So's allergies are reeking havoc on my sweet girls slumber.  Perhaps instead of blogging I need to be sleeping in case we have a repeat of last night...meaning an hour and a half of coughing, a little Yo Gabba Gabba, some snuggling, medicine and finally a little more sleep.

However, I am going to make a valiant effort right now to stay awake long enough to actually complete a post!  And yes, I do realize it's only 9pm and yes, I do go to bed this early most nights...and before you judge my kid-like bedtime, let me just remind you...I am massively pregnant people!!

Anyway, back on track...yeah nope.  Soph is up ~ here we go again :(

Ok, so attempt number three!  Hey, three's the charm right :)  As a follow-up to why I didn't finish last night...after some water, cuddling, inhaler, and vaporizer, we all actually managed to get some decent sleep!

And as long as it has taken me to get to this post, I am ready to get it out there into blog world!  So let's rodeo :)

I've said this a million times already, but I absolutely love doing things with my kiddo.  Who knows how much of this she will actually remember, if any.  Regardless of that, it brings me such sweet joy to see the eyes through her world.  I can honestly say I wouldn't trade being a Mommy for anything!  She is truly the light of my life and even on the worst days when I'm struggling to keep my head above water in this crazy roller coaster of "the real world", this one little girl can set everything right back in perspective with her sweet smile, cute giggles, loving hugs and precious kisses.

I'm not a huge rodeo person, but we decided to venture out and see what the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Kids Country had to offer!  And boy, was there more than this pregnant momma wanted to tackle!!!  Luckily our kids are still young enough not to really notice how many things we are actually passing up...you know, like riding a camel or a pony or a million rides and snack stands :)

But what they did have and we all loved, was this adorable farmer's market where the kids got to "feed" chickens, pick and plant vegetables and look at real farm animals.  I think it's pretty obvious that they loved it!  Not to mention at the end you sold your veggies for $1 (fake as it may be) and used that $1 to buy a treat!  Let's just say my kid bypassed the healthy options and went straight for the Rice Krispies treat :)

SoSo with her JuJu gathering food for the chickens.
 Ever since her very first visit to "the farmlet" this child has been obsessed with chickens.
 Sweet girl with her veggie basket ~ so proud :)
Planting her onion with Daddy.  Each kid got their own veggie...not my favorite
but she seemed ok with it :)
 Ta-Da!  These onions sure do grow quickly!
 Loves her some animals!  She is my kid after all :)
 They were showing each other their goodies.  Already learning to barter and trade!
 Sweet Sophia!  That grin is priceless!!!!
 Lilah Bear at Fun on the Farm ;)
The peach tree.  It bothered my anal compulsive kid that there were only four on the tree.  She wanted them all to be IN the basket.  She is such a good picker-upper!
 The corn bin :)
 Take a ride on the big green tractor!
 Returning her goodies!
 Petting zoo and an alpaca.
She loved that they were so patient and still!  
Normally the animals are frantic (can you blame them)?!
Oh my!  I would have taken one of these sweet babies 
home with me had it been allowed!!!  Precious :)
And finally, my sweet baby's first carnival ride!

Now hopefully the next post doesn't take me three attempts!  But you know, if it does so be it!  You will have to just wait a little longer for your reading entertainment :)

1 comment:

Jonell w Harrison said...

It is sooooooooo much fun reading your posts Heather..Loving you always-long distance. JH