Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

A Combo Kind of Day

For the sake of being completely honest, I highly debated on canceling Sophia's birthday party celebration (the first of three).  You see, this was a really difficult time for our family.  My grandfather had passed away about a week and a half prior to this day.  And then we were dealt another round of grief when we lost my precious MawMaw just days before and were going to be having services for her this same weekend.  But you see, I have a sweet and supportive family.  One who insisted we celebrate life in the midst of death.  That we honor those we had just lost - who loved Sophia like crazy and who were certainly celebrating in Heaven.  And so that is what we did.  And I am so glad. Because it gave us an opportunity to smile, to laugh and to make priceless memories...memories that I will treasure forever.  So thank you to all those who encouraged me.  And thank you for loving my sweet girl so dearly.

Sometimes I have crazy ideas...I know...surely not me :)  Sometimes these crazy ideas fail miserably and sometimes they are actually fairly successful!  I have to say, this is actually one of the latter moments.

However, as I am certainly by no means a professional photographer, I would like to stress the word FAIRLY successful.

Family photo shoot in the bluebonnets...
Aiden
Left: Autumn
Right: Alice Kate
Kylie Bug
Ashton Grace
And finally, my sweet, blue-eyed darling girl!  LOVE HER!!!!!!!!
Love her expressions...the little things in life bring her so much joy!

And after lunch and some naps, it was time for Soph's own version of Sesame Street fun! I wonder what next year's party will look like...or should I say parties?!  Can't forget Lilah Bear!  Until then...
  
Welcome to Sophia Street :)
Present Table!
"Elmo Bawoons"
Family Time
Finally getting to open her goodies!
 And the best part of all ~ CAKE!

So blessed to have a family who adores our little girl so much!  Happy 2nd Birthday Sophia Grace!

No comments: