Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And they came two by two...

Sometimes in life the Lord will bless you in ways that you cannot possibly imagine.  The hard times turn into the most sacred, joyous moments of one's life ~ the moments in which you know, without a doubt, that the Lord is alive and well.

And I have to say, that the timing of said moments is certainly one that could only have been orchestrated by the Lord. 

Thinking back, it is hard to fathom that Kevin and I have known each other almost TEN years!  An entire decade!!!  And in meeting my husband, I met the best friends a person could ever be blessed with.  Heck, at this point, they aren't even just best friends...they are our family.  The four of us have walked a journey of ups, downs and round and rounds.  We have watched each other get engaged, married, graduate and yes, even have children.  We have raised four dogs together.  We have cried together, laughed together, believed and dreamed together.  I truly can't imagine our lives without them.

And now, just as they have traveled this parenting journey with us, we are about to embark on one amazing ride with them...one which has double the rewards! 

On Swingset Day 1, James and Jaime came over to help build...well, James came over to help build.  Jaime and I just hung out :)  That's a mere technicality though!  We picked up Pizza Hut, specifically pizza rolls for us girls.  Following a perfectly normal lunch, Jaime said she had an early birthday present for Sophie.  Not thinking anything about it (because a certain two people were acting PERFECTLY NORMAL), we proceeded to open the gift only to find the most adorable "Friends" frame.  One side had a picture of our sweet Sophia.  The other said "Reserved for Baby Paradis ~ 2011"!  Yes, I'm a bit slow and it took a minute to register...to which my response was "Shut the front door!"  I don't know...it's just what came out :)  If you only knew...and some of you do...how much this baby was prayed for, what a long journey they have endured, the waiting, the hoping...  Yes, it probably warranted something a little more "eloquent", but hey, those type of moments are the ones you remember the most!

You may be wondering why I mentioned pizza rolls specifically.  I mean really, why do you care what we ate?  It's Pizza Hut...that ought to be enough details :)  But, I promise, there is a point!  The day we told James and Jaime we were expecting (and mind you, they did not get the Big Brother/Big Sister bandanas the dogs were wearing - so I am ahead of the game on the whole clicking part), we went to Galveston for the weekend and had what for dinner?  Yes, Pizza Hut and yes, pizza rolls!  I agree...it's a random coincidence but a neat one if I do say so myself.  We share everything - why not share what we have for dinner on the days we share some of the best news ever!!!!!!!!

Ok, so everyone knows my child is spoiled.  And she already had like the best early birthday present ever...a new friend.  I mean really...what else could you want???  Oh, ok, you want a second friend.  NO PROBLEM!  Aunt Jaime and Uncle James to the rescue!  First ultrasound = April 13, 2011 = Sophia's birthday = TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they came two by two :)

James, Jaime, P-Dis 1 and P-Dis 2,

My heart is so filled with joy for the four of you (well six of you...Max and Lily).  I am so in love with these two precious babies already and cannot wait to shower them with all the hugs and kisses they can handle.  We have waited, prayed and hoped for so long and are truly blessed to be sharing in this moment with you.  We wish you all the happiness, joy, laughter and love only a baby can bring...of course multiplied by two!!!

All our love and prayers,
The Taliaferro Family

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

WOW! Thanks for making me cry! Hey, I'm pregnant and emotional...I can't help it!!! But seriously, your words truly touched me and I feel so blessed to have you guys as best friends. We are beyond thrilled to be sharing this journey with y'all and look forward to making so many special memories!! P-Dis 1 and P-Dis 2 are very lucky to have you guys in their life....you are already spoiling them rotten!! See, I think a suburban will be necessary to fit ALL of us ;-P Love you guys soo much :) :)