Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

1-Year Photo Session (+ Mommy's thoughts)

A week from today our sweet Sophia will OFFICIALLY BE ONE-YEAR OLD!!!!  I simply can not believe it.  It's like on of those things you know is coming.  You plan for it.  Get excited about it.  Know it's a cherished memory.  A huge milestone.  And yet, I just can't seem to wrap my brain around it.  Time has gone by so, so fast! 

There is a part of me that is excited that we made it through the first year and all that year entails.  Then there is the other part of me who just wants to push the rewind button...or even just the pause button.  Just something, ANYTHING, to slow the time down.

Yes, I am sad.  I try not to be, but I am.  My baby is growing up :( 

She is without a single doubt the biggest blessing we could have ever received from the Lord.  And should He choose to bless us with another child in the future, I'm sure I will be saying the same thing about them.  The love you have for a child is something you simply can't explain.  There are no words. 

There are a few things I know to be true in this world and one of those is that no matter how much I love my child, the Lord loves her more.  And I pray this sweet, melt-your-heart smile, big-blue-eyed girl will grow up to be an amazing woman of God ~ for it will be a blessing and honor to just be invited along for the ride!

I love you my Sophia Grace ~ more than you will ever, ever know!

 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

adorable!!!

The Paradis Family said...

BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe she is turning a year old already either-I feel very blessed to be along for this ride as well :) Love you Sophia Grace!!