wow, wow, wow, wow, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today marks exactly one year from when we welcomed our sweet Sophia into the outside world. I anticipated that day like no other before.
Going into surgery was a surreal experience. Fear, excitement, anxiousness, cold (it is reallllllllllyyyyyyyy cold in there), joy, happiness, worry, hopeful everything would go ok, praying, wanting Kevin in there asap, longing to meet Sophia, knowing my world was about to change, praying she didn't have to go to the NICU (which she did but only for two days ~ a long two days but it could have been worse!)...
Yes, that was a random, run-on. But that's about how my mind was going. Words simply cannot express what this child meant to me then or what she means to me now. The second she was out, my first comment was "is she ok?" I needed to know. I could hear her crying, but I needed to KNOW! Thank the Lord she was well enough for me to meet her. Oh the joy! The moment I held that child, I loved her in ways that I simply cannot explain to anyone. A mother's love is without explanation. It defies all realm of the English language. It is a blessing from God that kind of love! She truly is my heart walking around outside of my body. I'd do anything for her. Absolutely anything.
Now, twelve months later, here we are! She is a happy, healthy, smiley, bright blue-eyed, bundle of joy and laughter. She makes our worst days better. She makes us smile and laugh even when I don't feel like it. She reminds us to enjoy the little things in life. She has bonded Kevin and I in ways that I cannot explain. She has completed our little family. Maybe one day we will add to the brood, but for now we are soaking up every blessed second with our sweet girl.
Today I will write a letter to our sweet Sophia. A private letter, just to her. One she can read later in her life. The plan is to do this every year on her birthday. I hope that later in life, she will read these letters and know that no matter where she is or what she is going through, she is LOVED! She is my sweet, precious baby girl. Now and forever!
We love you Sophia Grace. Happy Birthday Angel!
(P.S. Mommy being silly trying to get a smile out of her! Told you I'd do anything for you Baby Girl!)



No comments:
Post a Comment