Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

525,600 Minutes...

"525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear.  525,600 minutes ~ how do you  measure, measure a year?  In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee.  In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.  In 525,600 minutes ~ how do you measure a year in the life?" - Seasons of Love ~ Rent Soundtrack

I can certainly tell you that there is some truth to that song.  Have you ever really sat and reflected about where a year went?  What did you do?  Where did you go?  What changed you?  What memories did you make?  How would you measure your year?  Did you even realize a year had gone by? 

My guess ~ at least to that last question ~ is no, probably not.  Because truly, how many times have you said and/or heard, "Wow, it's been a year already?"  In complete honesty, I have to say I am guilty of this.  For no matter how desperately I tried to soak up every single second of the past year, has it seriously been A YEAR ~ 31,536,000 seconds, 525,600 minutes, 365 days?  I simply cannot believe Sophia is a year-old.  

My Baby Center updates now officially say "your toddler"!  My toddler?  You have got to be kidding me! She was just a baby yesterday :(  But now, 365 days later (actually a little more than that seeing as how this post is a wee late) she is an adorable toddling (I suppose this is the reason for the "toddler" title), blue-eyed, strawberry-blonde, ticklish, giggle-filled, chatter-box full of smiles, laughter and a bit of a temper here and there!  She has brought us 365 days of joy ~ even with the lack of sleep, high fevers, and occasional crankiness.  So many memories this past year holds.  They are memories I will cherish forever and always. And I pray for many, many more years of memories to be made...all 31,536,000 seconds, 525,600 minutes, 365 days per year of them.

So my sweet Sophia, at the official ONE-YEAR milestone, you are...
  • Officially a toddler
  • Walking (a bit drunkenly at first); Your first real major walking (meaning more than an occasional step or two) happened ON your birthday!  I think you were just saving it for your aunts and uncles...the ham that you are wanting to be the center of attention :)
  • Really knocked out this whole walking idea this Friday (April 22nd).  There is no stopping you now.
  • Weigh 18.15 lbs (15th %ile) and are 30" tall (75th %ile)
  • Have some new words...I can't tell you what they mean but you certainly talk a lot!
  • Know how to sign "happy" and "bath" (in addition to more, eat, and milk)
  • Will dance to any music ~ commercials, radio, tv, toys...pretty much anything
  • Are still best friends with Harper Anne. We pay each other visits now since you are in different classes.  Her name for you is So-So!  I love watching the two of you together ~ it's absolutely the most adorable thing you have ever seen.
  • Have tons of friends that make you happy ~ Julian (your best "boyfriend" whom you love to pieces), Avarie, Jackson, Grace, Chloe, Peyton... 
  • Haven't yet received a bad "report card"
  • Actually, got a "helpful" report card one day because at nap time you helped put Cooper night-night by patting his back.  Why you weren't on your own cot taking a nap, I haven't yet determined?
  • Are a big momma's baby.  Sometimes I find this absolutely endearing and I try to cherish every second of it because I know one day you won't be so cuddly.  Other times, like in the morning when I have an 18.15 lb leg attachment while trying to get dressed for work, it's a little bit of a hinderance.  A cute hinderance, but cumbersome nonetheless.
  • Have gotten clingy about going to daycare.  Thankfully it hasn't gotten to the screaming stage yet, just the clinging to the leg part.
  • Is addicted to her Teddy
  • Loves swimming (which we discovered today!)
  • Is a piglet...I mean honestly, you cannot understand this statement until you have seen her eat.
  • Hates diaper changes - I think this is more of the hate lying still segment
  • Thoroughly enjoys her swing set (aka fort)...thank you Daddy, Uncle James and Uncle Daniel
  • Can maneuver her electric ride-on toy like a champ.
  • Is on whole milk!  GOOD-BYE FORMULA!
  • Prefers sippy cups, more specifically the ones with straws.
  • Likes puzzles, books, little pink buggy and red wagon.  
  • Could give up a paci in my opinion, but would prefer not to...and frankly, Mommy and Daddy are a little dependent on it as well.
  • Are a curious little buggaboo
  • And finally, loved more than you could possibly understand or imagine.  You are our sweet Sophia and we cherish every single day with you.
All our love, forever and always,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

I can't believe a whole year has gone by either! Weren't we just in the hospital having her? Weren't we just bringing her home for the first time? Ahhh...I sure do love that little girl!!!