Before the funeral I met the Boulware clan for lunch and let the girls in on the...ssssssshhhhh...baby secret! Ashton was so cute ~ I could have sworn she was going to pop with the news :) Once I finally told her that everyone else knew and she didn't really have to keep the secret, after one HUGE exhaled breath and the oh so frequently asked question..."Is it a girl or a boy?" she was off to the gumball machines :) Oh the attention span of a 7 year-old! I'm not sure Kylie was as thrilled but what do you do??? That's a 10 year-old for you! I'm hoping she's more excited once the little one is actually here :) FYI ~ I did not play favorites and tell Ashton first. Kylie wasn't interested in the secret...so it's totally NOT my fault she was the last to know!
After the funeral Mom and I headed to Lumberton to watch The Twisters! I haven't seen Kylie play all year so I was excited to see how she had improved from last year. They lost but at least I was there doing my auntly (is that even a word?) duties. For the record, I do not have the first clue about soccer...my understanding can be summed up into two things: 1) get the ball in the goal and 2) don't touch the ball with your hands. Nonetheless, it was exciting to watch and I was very proud that her team didn't give up. Great Job Twisters!
That was my weekend in a nutshell! Happy to be home with my hubby and furbabies! More belly pics coming soon :)


No comments:
Post a Comment