Do you ever feel like you are chasing rabbits?! Cause I do! My mind is constantly going a million miles a minute and half the time I feel like I never stop long enough to finish a complete thought. There is always something running through my brain...always a step ahead of myself...always thinking of what I could, should, ought to be doing.
And you know what, I wouldn't change my life for anything! I love being a mommy. I absolutely, positively love it.
Yes, there are days when my hair looks like a bird's nest, the laundry is piled up waiting to be folded, groceries need to be bought, emails need to be sent, errands need to be run, the house needs to be cleaned and mail needs to be sorted. Yes, there are days when I want to pull my hair out. Yes, there are days I can't think straight. Yes, there are days when the "home-cooked meal" is nothing more than spaghetti. Yes, there are those days. We all have them.
And yet, I say again...I wouldn't change my life for anything! I love being a mommy. I absolutely, positively love it.
So maybe, just because I am being honest and dealing with this juggling thing on a daily basis, here's what I am TRYING to learn.
My house is a home. The Lord blessed us with it to share with our family and others. It is not meant to be perfect. It is not meant to be spotless. And let's be honest...even when you do spend all day cleaning, it takes all of five seconds for the toys to fly and the dust to land!
Furthermore, my sweet girls are only small for what seems like the blink of an eye. So the rest of the hoopla the world sees as "put together," is simply going to have to wait! I'd rather have a less than "perfect" house and happy babies than miss out on one minute of the sweet love and joy that radiates from their pores.
So when, like me, you get overwhelmed and feel a little like you are drowning in your laundry list (no pun intended) of things to do, just remember this...nap time is only so long :) And it's never long enough to conquer the list!
So do what you do to the glory of the Lord and all else will fall into place. Praise the Lord for that!
P.S. Soph is at school and L is napping, so I guess this Momma is about to go try and catch a couple of those rabbits :)


No comments:
Post a Comment