Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 10, 2012

Terrific Two ~ The Bigger Version

In case you haven't yet realized it, my sweet girls are exactly two years and two months apart.  Also, in case you haven't learned by now, I am slightly obsessive about things. And so when I had to make a decision about how to update for my bigger two, of course it had to be a number that would make mathematical sense.  Hence why from one to two, it was every three months.  And now, why from two to three (insert tears), it will be every four months.

Sophia Grace, you are the epitome of wonder in my eyes. You are beautiful, funny, sweet, passionate, independent, incredibly strong-willed, and oh, so precious and loving. You have the most infectious grin, give the best hugs and force me daily to become a better Mommy.  You are the light of my life and remind me that the greatest achievements and blessings to ever come my way are wrapped up in you and your sister. You truly are my sunshine, and I could never find words to tell you how very much you are loved.

At 2 years 4 months, you:
  • Weigh approximately 26 lbs and are 36" tall
  • Are still in 2T bottoms and basically always need adjustable waist so I can shrink them.
  • Wear 3T shirts just because of height. 
  • Are in Size 5 diapers though you now rarely use them and only at night.  We are a PullUps family these days!
  • Still love Elmo
  • Have discovered the joys of the iPad.  Mind you all the games are educational.
  • Can count to 20
  • Know all your colors (well main colors...we don't know things like silver and gold just yet)
  • Love singing the ABC Song though you ask me to sing "ABCD"
  • Pretty much ask for Lilah the second you wake up.  I'm so glad I'm chopped liver...
  • Are a WONDERFUL big sister.  You love to talk to her, will tell me when she spits up, bring us burp rags, love to play and tickle, give her paci back, crack up when she smiles at you, and generally just absolutely adore "your Lilah Bear" to bits.  It melts my heart and makes me so proud!
  • Have become a little chatterbox
  • Still prefer fruit and vegetables over meat any day
  • Your favorite veggies are broccoli and corn (particularly when it's on the cob)
  • Love tortillas and chips.  I can't imagine who you got that from :)
  • Are working on potty training.  In fact, at the time I'm writing this, you are just about down to 1-2 accidents a day and had your very first completely accident free day on September 6th.
  • Enjoy cuddling
  • Have jealous moments
  • Favorite Songs include: ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Jesus Loves Me, You Are My Sunshine, Happy Birthday
  • Know which finger is which thanks to Where Is Thumbkin and our own adaptations.  Mind you, I have skipped over the middle finger.  I felt that could go poorly :/
  • Love, LOve, LOve, LOVE playing with your babies.  You love to sshh them, rock them, put them down for naps, and occasionally ask me to change their diaper or "wrap" them (which means swaddle them).  You are an excellent Little Momma!
  • Have a bit of an obsession with taking things to bed.  At one point we had the following: Teddy, Elmo, Care Bear, Lamby, Baby, Goodnight Moon, Blankie and Pillow Pet.  Sweet girl, I love you.  BUT it is only a full size bed.  There is simply no more room in the inn.
  • Don't pay much attention to the tv though you like to request cartoons and then ignore them.  I don't really mind that you don't care for tv, but do I have to watch cartoons?
  • Cannot get enough strawberry milk ~ it is your absolute favorite thing to drink.
  • Drink from a big girl cup but hate silverware.  This last one is tough on Mommy.  I have no idea why we have decided to hate silverware but if you could move past this stage quickly, it sure would be appreciated.
  • Pick on Bubba.  Sometimes he picks back.  Enough said.
  • Still want to go "bye-bye" all the time.  You are your father's child.
  • Like going for runs with Mommy and Daddy.  Mind you, this makes it MUCH harder on us, but it's worth it to make you happy.
  • Don't play outside much anymore.  This is not a like vs. dislike problem.  This is a "we live in Texas and it is insanely hot" problem.
  • Still adore cleaning.  Give you a wet napkin and you are thrilled.
  • Most often you feed George on a given day at least once.  You have made this your chore, and I will gladly let you have it.  Though to be honest, as much food as he gets from what you drop, who needs dog food?
  • Have been introduced to the world of PlayDoh.  I have had to get over the fact that the colors will never be just pink, blue, purple, brown etc.  We live in a tie-dyed world of PlayDoh around here.
  • I give up trying to buy you puzzles.  I buy you puzzles for older ages and it takes you two seconds to figure it out.  
  • Are a serious climber :/ This must be payback from my childhood but dang woman!  Silence in this house will guarantee that I will find you climbing or already standing on something, included but not limited to, the bathtub ledge, the bathroom sink, the toilet, in Lilah's crib, and even once halfway up the kitchen counter.  How on Earth did you realize you could hook your "monkey toes" on the cut out and start to heave yourself up???  My little daredevil!
  • Have hit a whiny stage...oh the joys of being two.  Also, went through a tantrum phase.  To which we nipped in the bud rather quickly.  Now if you want to whine and throw a tantrum, you do so in your room.  Hence, why they don't last long at all.
  • Are sometimes too independent for your own good.
  • Have been relatively healthy (fingers crossed).
  • Love Ms. Kim at church nursery.  And we love her!
  • Are learning to use your manners really well ~ "Thank you"," bless you", "yes mam"," no mam", "you're welcome".  All those wonderful southern niceties :)  I promise they will get you far in life later on.
  • Still adore and ask on a regular basis for: Harper Anne, JuJu, Aunt JaJa, Emi, Avi, Mimi and Gamma
  • Can't possibly have enough jewelry and will wear every last piece you have at one time.
  • Officially got a slinky stuck on your foot.  Daddy had to deal with this as Mommy was just too flustered.  What goes on, must come off!
  • Relive days frequently.  By this I mean you will discuss and need assurance about things that happened days ago.  And on a completely random basis.  I think this is just an age thing.
  • Also, have learned the annoying answer, and I am sorry for ever saying this to my parents...Me: "Sophia, why did you do that?"  Sophia:  "Because."  Me: "Because is not a valid answer."  Sophia:  "Just because."  As if adding "just" in front of it makes it oh so much better!
  • Another funny phrase right now..."What yoooouuu doin?"  Are we from Jersey?
  • And yet another adorable moment...You will walk up to us, take our hand, and say "What's your name?"  It's beyond precious!
  • Know the days of the week, the months of the year, about half the pledge, and a few of the fruits of the Spirit
  • Recognize the American flag and most of the time put your hand over your heart and say "Mommy, the flag.  Say the pledge."
  • Now realize that Mommy and Daddy have "real" names and occasionally call us by them.
  • Crack me up about 99 times a day.
  • Have the cutest laugh in the world.  And I love that it comes so easily :)  Enjoy the rest of life sweet girl like you do now and you will be way ahead of most people.
  • Are a little fish and love swim lessons and the pool.  In fact, pool is a spell only word around here.  That is unless you are ready to go to the "p-o-o-l" that very instant.
  • Like to play the car game (saying the color of cars around us while we are driving)
  • Really want to sit by your sister in the car, but I can see this going VERY badly if you are having a "moment"
  • Have become a little less of a great sleeper :/  Though I still think you are pretty good so I shouldn't complain.
  • Still nap for about 1-2 hours.  Thank you for this!
  • Can't stand that Bubba sits under you while you eat.  Can I just remind you that if you didn't feed him, this wouldn't happen.
  • Cried when we left Bubba at the groomers.  Sweet, but it sure did make for a long 10 minute drive home.
  • Share fairly well
  • Like to play with my hair and no longer despise me doing your hair each morning.
  • Detest me brushing your teeth.  I appreciate that you like to brush your front teeth.  However, you seem to have problems remembering to brush the others.
  • Still love bath time and your Yo Gabba Gabba toys.
  • Are super in to chop-choo trains and want your own.  
  • Request hair cuts rather often.  It took me a while to associate why you always made this request.  Then I remembered the lollipops.  For the record, we do not go at each request :)
  • When you "hold me" at bedtime it is the sweetest of moments.  You stroke my hair, pat my back, and wrap your arm around my neck.  It melts my heart for you to imitate the things that I do for you.  At least I know, in some small way, my actions are showing you how much my heart loves you.  Because I can assure you words will never be sufficient.
  • I'm sure I am leaving off a million other things.  But here is what is important. You are beyond beautiful, amazingly sweet, love life, and just generally make this world a better place.  You are one piece to the puzzle of my heart and I love you to the moon and back a million times over.  My cup overfloweth sweet baby.
I heard "our" song the other day, and I knew it was true then, but now, it means so much more.

From "The Words I would Say" by The Sidewalk Prophets:

Be strong in the Lord and,
Never give up hope,
You're going to do great things,
I already know,
God's got His hand on you so,
Don't live life in fear,
Forgive and forget,
But don't forget why you're here,
Take your time and pray,
Thank God for each day,
His love will find a way,
These are the words I would say.

You really are going to do amazing things in this life sweet girl.  So thanks for letting me tag along as your Mommy.  The honor is all mine.

I love you, forever and always,
Mommy

No comments: