Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Terrific Two!

Lilah Elizabeth if I could only begin to express the joy you have brought to my heart. There is absolutely nothing that I love more than your sweet morning smiles, the way you seem to instantly know when I walk into a room, the adoration that lights up your face when you see your sister, the way you fit so perfectly on my chest for sweet snuggle time, and most importantly the indescribable love that you offer us ~ completely and totally without strings.

You are one amazingly precious baby.  And even on your fussiest of days, I couldn't be happier to be your mommy.  My heart overfloweth sweet baby...my heart overfloweth!

At two months ~
  • Weighed 9 lbs 6 oz (34.33%), were 22.44" tall (78.88%) and had a head circumference of 14.96" (54.34%) at your six week check up.  
  • Got your first round of shots at the above mentioned appointment.  Mommy did worse than you I think.  It never gets easier for me to let someone poke my babies :(
  • Weighed 10 lbs 6 oz at your two month weight check
  • Wear Size 1 diapers and pretty much all 3 month clothes (though depending on the brand the bottoms are either snug or entirely too big)
  • Love bath time
  • Have officially been diagnosed with acid reflux :(  DISLIKE!
  • Tried Zantac in a range of doses (i.e. twice a day vs three times a day) and it was not all that helpful
  • Now take Prevacid which has become our greatest friend
  • Love your sister and her silly antics
  • Have an amazing smile and gorgeous baby blues
  • Tolerate the play mat but still not a fan of tummy time
  • Can focus really well on objects and people
  • Got to meet some of your California family ~ and I think they were pretty smitten :)
  • Hung out with Tia Debbie and Uncle Daniel while Mommy and Daddy went to dinner for our anniversary.
  • Spent your first alone time with JaJa after Mommy got rear-ended and had to visit the ER.
  • Are super close to laughing and I wait anxiously for this every day!
  • Have pretty good head control
  • Wake up typically once or twice a night to nurse.  I technically could say once since one of those times is usually at 5 in the morning but since Mommy isn't ready to get up at this point, I still consider it a night feed :)
  • Are pretty much over the bouncy seat.
  • Love the sound of the bathroom fan (as did your sister).
  • Adore your swing and the birdies that fly above you.  I promise you could watch those for hours.
  • Went to church for the first time and did amazing.
  • Still can't stand the carseat for long periods of time and pretty much hate running errands.
  • Are still sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room.  This is partially Mommy's fault since I'm just too lazy to get up and go to your room twice a night!
  • Continue to remind me how much I absolutely love being a Mommy.  Greatest. Thing. Ever!
  • Melt my heart and show me unconditional love every single second of every single day.
My sweet girl from five to eight weeks...

Five Weeks...
And digging that paci :)

 Six Weeks...
And a little pouty!

 Seven Weeks...
And precious in pink!


 8 Weeks...
And a peek of a grin :)
 

Tell me you don't just melt at this smile!
Terrific two months!!!
 Strike a pose :)

I will love you forever and always sweet baby.  Thank you for letting me be your Mommy.

To the moon and back...always and forever,
Mommy

No comments: