Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thrilling Three

Lilah Elizabeth,

When I start to write these blogs my hands have a hard time catching up with my mind and my mind simply cannot keep up with my heart.  I don't even have the mental capability of describing to you what my heart feels.  I promise your mother is not illiterate.  It's just that I love you more than words could ever explain.  And one day, when you are blessed with children of your own, you will finally understand.  

You are a daily reminder to me of how much our Lord loves us; how much He blesses us; and how faithful He is to grant us the desires of our hearts.  Oh sometimes it is not without a struggle; sometimes it doesn't come in the ways or timing we had planned; and sometimes He even changes our hearts.  But the one thing I promise you...His plan is perfect.  So remember to always seek Him first...He loves you even more than I do.   

At three months you ~
  • Weigh approximately 12 lbs
  • Still wear Size 1 diapers and 3 or 3-6 month clothes.
  • Average approximately 4 oz per feed.
  • Have the most adorable "chunky monkey" thighs.  I have to apologize for this :/
  • Kind of decided the paci is not really living up to your expectations.  Oh, it is satisfactory for brief interims, but you certainly aren't infatuated with it like your sister was.  For the record, I am not complaining about this :)
  • Have the most heart melting smiles.  I'd pay a million bucks for those smiles!  And act a fool I might add...which has happened on a number of occasions.
  • Officially laughed for the first time.  It wasn't much but a baby giggle all the same.
  • Shown some signs of improvement on the reflux side of things.  This makes me SUPER happy!  I hate seeing either of my babies in pain ~ especially when there isn't much I can do to make it better :/
  • Still a gassy little girl
  • Are trying so hard to roll over.  I think you will get it pretty soon.  You just have a little more junk in your trunk to flip over than your sister did at this age.
  • Have great head control 
  • Discovered the lights and entertainment of the television :/  I try to make sure I turn you away from it, especially when you are in your swing or your eyes are just glued.
  • Love your little pink toy with all the "doodads".  This is actually what coerced the above mentioned baby giggle out of you.
  • Adore singing Wheels on the Bus, which thrills your sister since this is also one of her very favorites.
  • Give me big smiles when we play Pat-a-Cake 
  • Here's a BIG one ~ you slept through the night (10:30pm-6:00am)!!!  For the first time, you officially slept through the night, and you did it ON your 3-month birthday.  Happy 3-month birthday present to Mommy!  
  • Experienced wonderful Texas allergies ~ so much snot for a little baby :(
  • Retired the bouncy seat
  • Are a great swaddle escapee
  • Went to your first Kindred meeting...epic failure.  I think I missed more of the meeting than I attended.
  • Thankfully did better with nursery during Bible study.
  • Had a growth spurt
  • Have sat in both your Bumbo and Super Seat
  • Traveled to Newton and Kirbyville for the first time and did surprisingly well.  Only one stop to eat on the way there which nicely coincided with lunch anyway.  We didn't even have to stop on the way home!
  • Got an impromptu visit from the Boulware clan and were spoiled rotten!
  • Are beginning to show us more of your precious personality
  • Can blow bubbles or at least make a valiant effort
  • And finally, are an incredibly sweet, mellow, blue-eyed bundle of joy.  You bring a joy to my life that is absolutely priceless.  Being your mother will never be anything short of an absolute honor.
We love you to the moon and back sweet girl, a million times over!

All our love, always and forever,
Mommy

Sittin' Pretty :)
I like to see how long she is getting!
I think she might end up being a little shorter than Soph but definitely probably taller than Mommy.
Of course, I could be totally off base here!
And I can't leave out a little dose of sisterly love :)
Melts my heart!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

FINALLY!!! I've been waiting on my Lilah update for too long! Miss and love my beautiful blondes and can't wait to see them again!

The Paradis Family said...

Okay, that's it....I'm in some desperate need of some snuggle time with both of my sweet girls! I've really been missing them but after seeing this, it made my heart hurt a little. Can we please schedule a play date ASAP!! Love you all :)