Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Splish Splash!

Remember how in my last post, I said your umbilical cord fell off on the 28th and your first official bath was shortly thereafter?  Well, "what had happened was"...your Daddy was changing your diaper the night of the 28th/morning of the 29th and it was barely hanging on! And it TOTALLY freaked your Daddy out.  The next morning for diaper change...no more umbilical cord!  I actually had to look for it because it had worked its way around to your back and was stuck in your onesie...kind of gross but hey, at least I found it!

So after a long day at your two-week check-up and seeing Mimi off, I decided to give you your first official bath that night.  I just knew you would love it.  And you kind of did ~ as long as you were covered and warm that is!

I have to say, you smelled absolutely wonderful when this was all over ~ I love that clean baby smell!  I mean I love your spit up smell too, but clean baby smell is a little more pleasant :)

And of course, a special shout out to my big helper!  Sophia is such an amazing big sister ~ she absolutely adores her "Yiyah Bear".  And based on the smiles you give her now, I'd say the feeling is mutual!

I love my babies!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jonell w Harrison said...

What a special Mommie and beautiful babies. jh