Lilah Elizabeth, you have changed our world. There is more joy and love in this home than there ever was before. There are the precious sounds of baby cries and coos ~ a sound I waited on for 40 weeks and 1 day ~ sounds I love more than words can express. You are the light of our lives and your Daddy and I are blessed beyond measure to be your parents. It still amazes me how something so very small can so instantly capture your whole heart. I guess the Lord knew what He was doing when He made a mother's heart! Funny, already it's hard for me to remember life pre-you. But I can tell you one thing, I loved my life then. But I love it more now simply because you're in it. My cup overfloweth sweet angel...my cup overfloweth.
At one month ~
- Weighed 7 lbs 12 ozs at your two-week appointment and approximately 8 lbs 4 ozs at one-month. I say "approximately" because I was using the tried and true "weigh yourself, then yourself plus baby, then take the difference" method.
- Still wear newborn clothes and diapers
- Eat about 3 ozs per feeding. Again, since I'm breastfeeding, this is an estimate based on what I am able to pump. Either way, you seem perfectly satisfied with whatever you are getting so that's all that matters to me! Happy baby = happy Mommy!
- You have officially begun showing signs of acid reflux :( NOOOOOOOO!
- Still wake up twice a night to eat. Usually around 12 and 3.
- Are a great night-time sleeper, though there have been plenty of nights when you have slept either next to me or on my chest...at least you are sleeping. Mommy doesn't sleep very well in these situations.
- Make the cutest mouse sounds ever!
- Lost your umbilical cord on June 28th and had your first real bath shortly thereafter!
- Enjoy baths ~ so long as I keep a warm towel covering you. Pics of that coming soon :)
- Still love being swaddled, held, patted and rocked
- Have an uncanny ability to kick your legs out of your swaddle
- Aren't great at keeping your paci. Why must you spit it out when you want it so badly. Maybe you will wean from it sooner than Soph. Oh, but how much does Mommy loves paris? Yes, I admit it ~ I'm a paci fan!
- Think ceiling fans are super cool, but what baby doesn't?!
- Unlike your sister at this age, still LOVE the bouncy. By this time, Soph had decided the bouncy seat was completely sub-par to the swing.
- Rarely find your playmate entertaining and more often than not get annoyed by tummy time. Besides, I think you wonder why on Earth I wouldn't want to be holding you!
- Are super, super gassy! One day you will despise me for saying this on the Internet (assuming the Internet is not ancient technology by then), but it has to be documented. You could seriously make a grown man proud!
- Have celebrated your first official holiday ~ July 4th.
- Have been to swim lessons with your sister once...mind you, you were completely covered and Mommy or Mimi were guarding you like a hawk from any curious observers. But Daddy was running a little late so in order to get Sissy there on time, this was the only solution.
- Love being in the Moby Wrap. It took Mommy way more getting used to than it did you!
- Have acquired the following nicknames: Mouse, Mousy Mouse, Peanut Butter, Butterball, Princess, Lilah Bear, Bear, and the infamous "Yiyah" and "Yiyah Bear" by one adorable big sister :)
- And finally...have the most beautiful baby blues, melt my heart every time I look at you, have added more joy to our family than I could have ever hoped, and showed me it truly is possible for your heart to grow to include more love than I ever thought possible.
We love you Mousy Mouse!
From 0-4 ~ my how time flies...
Precious "Just Born" Baby

One Week...
And looking SOOOO much like her sister!


Two Weeks...
Already changing so much :(


Three Weeks...
Soph was still a little timid about holding her at this point! Is it obvious? :)


One Month...
LOVE how adorable she is with her gigantic flower!

LOVE how adorable she is with her gigantic flower!

Keep growing big and strong sweet girl! Just maybe find a way to slow time down in the process...
All my love, forever and always,
Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment