Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Your Party ~ 2 of 3 That Is!

Wow ~ it has literally been OVER a month now since Sophie turned one!  I simply can't believe how quickly time goes by.  So now, on top of being exhausted from this mono, I am going to attempt to recall everything I can about that day.  I already know I will inevitably leave out something, but one thing I know to be true is that this girl is loved so, so much and I am so grateful that she is surrounded by so many people who cherish her as much as we do.


After our little mini-family celebration at the zoo, upon which Mommy broke her very nice camera and made Mommy very sad :(, we headed to Star Pizza for some scrumdeliumpcious picnic pizza.  In case you don't know this about my child, she seems to have a whole slew of "adopted" aunts and uncles...aunts and uncles who may not share any blood lines, but who by sheer love alone are a huge part of our lives.  Blessings from the Lord I tell you, absolute blessings!  The love you have poured out onto our sweet girl is truly the most amazing gift I could ever ask of any of you.  And for that love, I am so eternally grateful!  So, because I don't say it enough ~ THANK YOU!  Thank you for loving her, for investing in her life, for stepping out with us on this journey and welcoming her as your own.  You will never know what you mean to this family!


And because I cherish each of you so very much, I wanted to celebrate Sophie's big day with at least some of the people who love her the very most!  And so, that is exactly what we did :)  Pizza, presents, a little duck feeding, laughs and memories to last a lifetime ~ a perfect evening!


Opening her gifts from Uncle Joe & Sarai
Feeding the Ducks!  
(Side Note:  These ducks are NOT afraid of people!)
The Dynamic Duo!
Sophie & Aunt Jaja (+2)
Uncle Joe being silly :)
The Paradis 4 with Soph
Us :)
(I have no idea what was so funny!)
Amazing pics by Uncle Joe ~ As always!

And as your reward for looking at all the pictures, the best part of the entire day!!! Someone, not naming any names or anything, decided today, April 13, 2011, was the day to begin walking!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe Tia Debbie managed to get this on video, but I am so glad she did :)  








Thank you Tia Debbie, Uncle Daniel, Juju, Uncle James, Aunt Jaja, P-dis 1, P-dis 2, Uncle Joe and Aunt Sarai for celebrating this very special day with us!  We love you all more than we could ever put into words :)

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

I just love how I'm chowing down in the first video......but let me remind you people that I am eating for THREEEEEEE!!!! ;-P That was a very special day....for many reasons :) So thankful to have been able to share it with y'all...and yes Sophie, I will ALWAYS have your back :)