Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Super Seven!

This past Saturday our sweet girl turned SEVEN months old.  I have no idea where the time has gone but it surely has gone by quickly!  Every day we spend with her is a blessing beyond words ~ she is an independent, determined, opinionated (Yes, they can be opinionated without words and just think what it will be like when she does have words!), precious, loving, melt your heart little girl with a heart of gold, amazing smile, and the ability to right your world even on the worst of days.  She truly is a gift from the Lord that we cannot even begin to thank Him for! 

At seven months old, Sweet Sophie, you are still and always will be the light of our lives!  We love you more than words can say! 

At seven months you ~
  • Love school
  • Are best friends with Avarie
  • Think the ballet bar and mirror in your classroom are by far the coolest toys ever.
  • Are a little piglet!  You love pretty much all baby foods, especially yogurt.  The one exception is definitely oatmeal or rice which you seem to think is Mommy and Daddy's way of torturing you.  We have since given up on the whole oatmeal/rice idea.  Hey, you win some, you lose some!
  • Still have five six-ounce bottles a day.
  • Weigh approximately 16 lbs
  • Wear Size 2 diapers and six-month clothes.  Mind you the waist in your six-month pants is still huge!  The three-month waists fit perfectly but then you look like you are wearing high-waters.  I have yet to find a solution for this dilemma!
  • Get excited about bath time
  • Squeal with joy when you see the puppies after your long day at school ~ this by the way, is super cute :)
  • Are in a stage where you cry getting into your carseat.  Thankfully this stops once we are moving.
  • Are also in a stage when you cry when we walk out of a room ~ even if we can see you from the kitchen.  Luckily, this stage has not transferred to when we drop you off at school.  That would break our hearts and certainly not be a good way to start our day :(
  • Enjoy church nursery ~ though this past Sunday your previously mentioned stage took hold.  But since you love your nursery teachers, the crying was only momentary.
  • Like being read and sung to.  
  • Listen to your cd of nursery songs everyday on the way home from school.  Thank you Aunt Jaime and Uncle James!   
  • Can sit up like a pro, crawl, pull up, and climb...our world is forever changed...
  • Trying to learn to stand up on your own.  We've had a couple of successful two-second attempts but not a conquered milestone just yet.
  • Your favorite toys are the ones that make noise.  Go figure ;)
  • Actually don't mind your pack-and-play right now, just as long as your favorite toys are in there with you.
  • Teething ~ enough said about that.  I sure wish these things would pop through already!!!
  • Wake up typically once a night, but a pacifier or patting of the back usually takes care of that. 
  • Have extended your bedtime until about 8pm and still wake up around 6am.
  • Officially had your FIRST EVER diaper rash yesterday.  Thankfully, I had some super duper diaper cream and it cleared it up overnight.  Thank you Dr. Smith's!  I guess seven months without a diaper rash isn't too bad...
  • Seem to really pay attention when we practice our signing.
  • Are talking in vowel sounds really well...which leads me to the next milestone...
  • Your official first word = Dada!  If I wasn't so stinking proud of you for saying your first word, I might be just a little disappointed.  My time is coming though ~ we are working on Mama EVERYDAY!  I have to say that given you spoke your first word on your seven-month birthday, I am just too thrilled to be sad that Daddy won this one!
I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of other things, but we are just so, so proud of you kiddo!  You are truly amazing and we couldn't love you any more than we already do.  Though I always say that and somehow, I always fall more in love with you than I was the day before! 

You will forever and always be our little angel!

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy and Daddy (aka Dada)

Can you tell these pictures are getting a little harder to take?!
November 13, 2010

2 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

Have I mentioned lately that I have the most adorable niece in the world...because I DO! :-)

The Taliaferro Family said...

I think you've mentioned it once or twice but you can keep saying it!