I guess you can see from the pictures below why the title is what it is. I knew it was time for Sophie to "graduate" to what I refer to as her "big girl bed" ~ but what I didn't know was how many emotions I would feel :( Oh, I expected to be sad. And I definitely expected to be worried. What I didn't expect was to also feel happy and proud at the same time.
Yes, my baby is growing up and there isn't a single thing I can do about it. So I am choosing to love every second of her life, to rejoice in her accomplishments, to know she is going to grow up to be one beautiful little girl, hopefully a sweet and loving teenager, and certainly one amazing woman. But in order to get to those things, I will have to watch her grow up. To do everything for the very first time. To reach milestones. To suffer pain and hurt. To know true love for the first time. To learn how to live in this crazy world. And through all of that, to know that her Mommy and Daddy love her more than life and that she will always and forever be our baby girl.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Enjoying her mobile!
So Sophie, Mommy is proud of you for graduating to your big girl bed. Yes, the empty bassinet that is still sitting in our room because I can't bear to take it down just yet, breaks my heart a little bit. But even more than that, I love you and I know that there will always be days and moments like this ~ moments when I have to let go and let you grow. Just always know sweet girl, no matter what, my arms will always be open to you, my lap never too small, and my heart always overflowing with a love that is simply beyond words.
I love you Sophie Grace.
Always and forever,
Mommy



2 comments:
You should be proud! She's doing GREAT and getting more beautiful EVERY day!! Love y'all both! :-)
I kept the bassinet in my room next to my bed for an extra 2 or 3 weeks..I cried when Joel made me take it down. I had it there 'just in case'. It the littlest moments that bring the greatest smile
Post a Comment