Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

California Episode 2 ~ Clearlake

Our vacation was basically split in half ~ the first half in Clearlake with Chris, Jess, and the kids.  The second half was in San Francisco with Leslie, Brian and the boys...but that's a whole separate post (yes, there is a California Episode 3)!

We arrived Tuesday afternoon and had a couple of hours to relax and unwind from our travels before we headed off to Jess' softball game.  Can you tell from the pictures of my sweet girl that it was all she could do to keep her eyes open?!  It was a fun evening and Jess' team won so all was well in softball land :)

Wednesday we went to Blue Lake for the day.  It was absolutely gorgeous, but the water was FREEZING!  I didn't even get in over my ankles, but the others had a great time :)  I do not do cold water and Rickey doesn't either, so we sat on the beach most of the day.  I, mother bear that I am, originally did not want to take Sophie on a boat at all!  You know, we could capsize or something?!  Yes, I'm certifiably insane :)  But hey, it could happen.  However, since the lake was small and the speed limit is 5mph, I decided not to be a party pooper and go have a little fun.  Kevin drove and Jess borrowed a life jacket for Sophie from the owners and off we went!  I am so glad we did ~ it was a ton of fun and Sophie had the time of her life!!!  She was all smiles the entire time (well almost) :)  There is a photo in the slideshow that will prove what a star she was ~ my little model playing to the camera!!  It was a great day with the family and we have memories (and pictures) to last us a lifetime!

After the day at the lake, which was also Chris' birthday, we went to watch his baseball game.  Due to a massive, and perhaps well deserved, meltdown, Kevin, Sophie, Brooke (our resident babysitter!) and I headed back home to put Sophie to bed for the evening.  We missed the grand slam that won Chris' team the game :( but I am glad we got Sophie home to relax from her long day.  By the way, she slept like a CHAMP!

Thursday morning Jess' mom took family pictures out by the lake.  Since it was Brooke's birthday, Kevin and I took her and Michael to see Eclipse.  It was the last day it was showing in that particular theater and it was nice to be able to spend some time with our niece and nephew.  Sophie got to bond with her Aunt Jess ~ of course, the minute we hit the driveway I ran to my sweet baby!  Aunt Jess and Sophie were outside (the ultimate cry resolution for my child).  There was a massive birthday party planned for that evening so we did some prep work and then the people started to arrive ~ and wow, at the people!  What a crowd!  Sophie had decided to randomly switch back to Texas time that evening and so she and I stayed out in the travel trailer for most of the evening.  She fell asleep and then eventually so did I :)  I heard the party was a blast though!

Friday morning, also Vicki's birthday (now do you see why there was a massive birthday party?!), was our day to head to San Francisco, so we had an early start to pack and get ready to head out.  We left around 9:45ish and headed toward my sister's.  And that would begin California Episode 3!

Geez, I am exhausted just typing all of this...no wonder we were beyond tired by the time we got back to Texas :)

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

Looks like y'all had a great time....love the pics, especially the ones of Sophie's big 'ol smile!! ;-)