Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

It is so fun getting to celebrate the holidays this year! Everything is so different now that we have our sweet Sophie to join in the fun :) And I have to admit, I don't mind HAVING to buy all the adorable "baby's 1st" holiday outfits either ~ and yes, I absolutely HAVE to! What if years down the road, Sophie asked me what she wore for her first 4th of July and I just said "Oh, nothing special. Just a regular everyday onesie." Come on now, can't you imagine her heartbreak???

Kevin and I were joking about what I was going to put her in for her first Halloween, her first Thanksgiving, her first Christmas...you see how this is going to get expensive?! She is just WAY too cute not to get a new outfit for every holiday :) Lucky for me, her Daddy is wrapped already so he doesn't even mind!

The original plan was to hang out with James and Jaime for the day, cookout, play board games, just relax and enjoy each other's company. Then Kevin, Sophie and I were going to meet up with Debbie, Daniel and Julian for Freedom Over Texas. However, as the time to leave drew near, I had Kevin check the weather ~ it is Texas after all! Originally I was worried about the possibility of rain, but all day it had been miserably hot so I wanted to make sure we weren't going to be subjecting Sophie to some awful 4th of July experience. And boy am I glad I had him check...90 degrees at 9pm! Are you kidding me?

Well, given that new information, we debated for a long time but ultimately decided it was just too hot for our little peanut. So instead James and Jaime stayed for a while longer which turned into more board games, ice cream, and fireworks of our own! It was a lot of fun and I was glad that we were at home so that we could retreat with Sophie back into the house if necessary. She actually did really well and I was glad that she got to be a part of the festivities :) She liked the pretty colors and being outside of course, but pretty much hated the black cat fireworks ~ isn't that the really loud ones??? Well, whatever it was they were scary for her :( Can you tell I know nothing about fireworks? LOL!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! Happy Birthday America!!!

2 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

Ohh...that turned out great!!! My post will look dull in comparison! ;-P

Holly said...

Logan had several outfits for each holiday- shirts, onesies, bibs, pants, burp rags, socks....You gotta have it! The shirt he wore for the 4th I actually bought a year ago. I found lots of those clothes as we packed and had to laugh...but he was so cute in them! Same goes for Aggie gear- can't have enough!