Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

California Episode 1 ~ Leaving on a Jetplane

Well, we did it!  We embarked on our first vacation as a family of three!!!  I really wanted Sophie to meet her California family while she was still young ~ to meet her aunts and uncles, to play with her cousins (well, her version of play which is pretty much coo, blow bubbles, and stare ~ but play nonetheless), and simply to meet even more people who think she is truly one special little bumble bee :)  Yes, I do realize that she will remember absolutely nothing about this vacation, but for us they are memories to be cherished forever.

Once I hit that confirmation button on Continental's website a couple months ago, I knew there was simply no turning back.  Either we were really brave parents or really stupid ones to travel with a three month old.  Turns out, Sophie did fantastic on the flights.  Yes, we had a few minutes of crying both flights but only for a total of about ten minutes each way.  For a three and a half our flight, I consider that a success. Plus, the flight home was delayed on the tarmac in San Francisco for thirty minutes and then rerouted due to weather a number of times.  So what was three and a half hours, turned into four and a half hours ~ heck, I was ready to meltdown so I couldn't really blame her when she had a mini-meltdown at 6:15pm.  We were supposed to be on the ground already!  We got several comments about how well behaved she was, so I guess we can chalk our first attempt at air travel a true success story.  Go Sophie :)

Also, thank you Holly for giving such wonderful "how to get through security and travel with an infant" advice!  We actually made it through security without any major hiccups  :)

Here are a couple of pictures from our sweet girl's first plane experience!

               Best $6 We Spent the Whole Trip!

   Wow Mommy!  They have cartoons way up here!
                                           Naptime during landing!  What a morning!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

You are welcome sweetie! Glad the flights went well! I know how stressful it is, and a good start to the vacation is always good. Can't wait to hear more about her time as a California girl! (Oh and next time I fly, I will have to have a TV like that!)

The Taliaferro Family said...

Yes you do ~ it was a life saver! Unfortunately, we did not have this luxury on the way home :(