Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Welcome to the World Sweet Julian!

It is hard to believe that five years ago, I started an internship for that would forever change my life. Yes, I got experience that I cannot trade for any of the EXPENSIVE college textbooks that I poured hours into. But more than that, I made friendships with some incredible women that have continually blessed my life in more ways that I can count.

I have always said I'd rather have a few friends that I could trust with anything, than a million "friends" who are when the times get tough merely acquaintances. These women definitely fall into that first category ~ because truly, not only would I trust them with my life, but more telling, I would trust them with my daughter's. And that alone says more than words ever could!

So all that said, over the past five years we have all changed in so many ways. While none of us are still currently with the original company, we have continued to make time for each other and our relationships. We have welcomed two husbands, two new houses, two stepkiddos, and now...NOW THREE BABIES! (Soon to be four when our precious Alexis (Lexi) makes her arrival in a few months)!

Anyway, all that to say...God is really pretty cool and when you think things are going WAY downhill, He actually knows what He is doing...who would have thought right?! I remember when Amber and Traci both announced that they were leaving to take new jobs ~ I think all of the rest of us girls were not only in shock but quite depressed too! We had no idea how our normal lives at work would be after that. And yet, not only did we keep those relationships strong, we formed even stronger ones amongst ourselves.

I never imagined that Debbie would be one of my dearest friends in the entire world several years ago, but now I can't imagine my life without her! She and I are so similar in so many ways and often think and say the same things at exactly the same time! You should see our chats ~ it's like we are copying each others posts :) "GET OUT OF MY HEAD DEBBIE!" (That's pretty much an inside joke!)

And not only did I never foresee how close the two of us would become, but I never thought we would actually have the opportunity to share the amazing journey of pregnancy together. When I broke the news to Debbie about our pregnancy, she specifically said..."wouldn't it be fun if we could be pregnant together?" But, they had been trying for a while and we didn't actually think it would happen...but didn't God laugh at us!

So with only a mere 8 weeks separating our two precious babies...welcome to the world Julian Cade Hinojosa! We have waited so long for you to arrive and could not be happier :) You are 8.14 lbs of precious, perfect and amazing little boy and we love you more than you could know! Happy Birthday sweet boy! Prepare to be spoiled rotten!!! It's my job as your "aunt"!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very sweet post Heather! Your so great with words and I know they are genuine! Although I've only know you for 5 years, I feel like I've known you longer. It's an honor and pleasure to be your friend. I remember attending your wedding and with a blink of an eye, now your a mom. How life happens so fast. Congratulations to you and Debbie! I am looking forward to watching Will, Sophie, Julian, and Alexis grow up. It's very exciting times! God is Great! Congrats Debbie and Daniel! Julian is a handsome little guy!

The Paradis Family said...

I agree-beautiful words Heather! Congratulations Debbie, Julian is adorable! :-)

Debbie said...

OMG ~ Can this be the best blog entry EVER?!?!?!?! WOW, you never surprise me with your beautiful words, but THIS, THIS was so TOUCHING that it brought a tear to my eye. I am more than honored to be considered one of your close friends and more honored that we were able to share this experience together. God sure was listening when I said that at Maggiano's that day and now we have Sophie & Julian to grow up together for YEARS to come! I love you and Sophie sooo much and you can ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS count on us for anything! Thank you for everything you have done for us and for the great surprise we received when coming home from the hospital. Julian was happy to see his aunt Heather. Again, thank you for being such a blessing in our lives.

Love you,
Debbie

P.S. Thank you Jaime for being so sweet! :)