Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

7 Weeks

Sophie Grace is getting sooooo big! It's really amazing to me how much she has grown in such a short time. Every day she shows a little more of her personality ~ I have a feeling she may grow into that red hair of hers!

We spent Memorial Day weekend with friends and family. Mom and Eric came Saturday and babysat for a few hours while Kevin and I had a date day. It was nice to go to lunch and a movie ~ I used to consider this our boring, repetitive date night ~ but now, I just felt blessed to spend some alone time with my husband! Of course, by the end of the approximately four hours we were gone, I was running from the truck to the door to get to my baby girl :) I can't help it ~ I missed her terribly!!!

After Mom and Eric left on Sunday morning, Kevin and I got packed up and took Sophie and the pups over to Aunt Jaime and Uncle James' for Memorial Day. Jaime and I got some scrapbooking in ~ much less than I would have liked since my daughter was CRANKY and spitting up everywhere :( We swam a little Monday (well, George "swam" a lot ~ his swim is more just sitting on the pool steps!) and had burgers and hotdogs for dinner. Sure wish we lived closer so we could do that a little more often!!!

Due to the amount of spit up mentioned above, we switched formulas yesterday from Nutramigen to Enfamil A/R. The thicker formula (the R = rice substitute) has proven to be a miracle worker! She is spitting up a minimal amount, seems to have less of a tummy ache and SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! One would think that the last part would be my favorite part of that list (especially given the caps) but in all honesty, I would trade that for the first two any day. I have hated watching my baby spit up so much of her feeds only to still have a tummy ache after all was said and done. It absolutely broke my heart to feel so helpless. I hope that the new formula continues to work wonders so that she can be the happy, content baby she has been today. I just love knowing that maybe, just maybe, she might actually feel GOOD for a change!

At 7 weeks, Sophie Grace ~
  • Is smiling more
  • Way more interactive
  • Loves to stare at walls, the picture above our bed that we got in Italy, and apparently out Aunt Jaime and Uncle James' front window ~ this was an Aunt Jaime find on one of their many attempts at "walking it out" :)
  • FINALLY plays on her playmat on a daily basis
  • Tolerates tummy time
  • Still wears Huggies newborn diapers (only until we run out I think ~ then I think we should graduate to Size 1 diapers)
  • Wears 0-3 month clothes, some fit better than others. Some look like you could get another child in the same pair of pants!
  • Eats about 4-4.5 oz every 3.5-4 hours during the day
  • Is gradually getting out of the need to be swaddled phase ~ still a must when we can't get her to quiet down
  • Swings like a pro ~ we even bought a travel swing ~ this was a LIFE SAVER at Aunt Jaime and Uncle James'. It is on a timer though, so we were all "PUSH THE BUTTON, PUSH THE BUTTON!!!" every time it stopped :)
  • Got into a wonderful daycare ~ we were on a waiting list until recently ~ I'm not sure how I feel about this one :(
  • And my personal favorite ~ IS A HUGE MOMMY'S GIRL! And don't worry ~ even her Daddy admits it :)
Here is our precious, growing girl at 7 weeks!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the red hair! She is gonna be a pistol!!!

Holly said...

I know I just saw her, but she looks like she has grown so much! She is just beautiful! Hope the new formula works. And get ready, time will go by more quickly, with more amazing changes every day!

The Taliaferro Family said...

Kristin - She is definitely going to be a pistol!!! I can tell that already :)

The Paradis Family said...

Fun times!! Love the pics...and yes, red hair with a disposition to match (I should know...I work with one ;-P )!! Love you guys!!!
Just remember: Walk it out & talk it out....and for goodness sake, just let her look out the window!!! :-)

The Taliaferro Family said...

Jaime ~ I just laughed out loud at your post! I love you :)

Debbie said...

WOW, I hope this formula works, she seems happier already. Not sure how this is possible, but she gets cuter and cuter each day! Love you Sophie!!!

Aunt Debbie (+ Julian)