Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Best Two Months of My Life

The best (and hardest) two months of my life (up to this point obviously) have come and gone! I simply cannot believe that my sweet, precious girl is so grown up. Where did two months go? I just don't understand how nine and a half months of pregnancy seemed to take so long, but this two month period seems more like two weeks!!!

I absolutely love being a mom...more than anything else in this world, I love being a mom. There are days when I just sit and stare at her; there are days when I get to enjoy smiles and coos; there are days when I doubt my own abilities because she is so fussy I can't help but get frustrated ~ not at her but at the fact that I can't seem to help her; there are days I wonder how in the world God thought I was deserving enough to be her mom; there are days I couldn't even begin to find words for how happy she makes me; but EVERY DAY is a day I am eternally grateful for...she truly is the love of my life and nothing else in the world seems to matter.

At two months old, Sophie ~
  • Smiles the most beautiful smile one could ever imagine
  • Likes to hang out with Mommy and Daddy
  • Can really focus on people and objects
  • Melts our hearts with those BIG baby blues!
  • Has learned to play with her rattle (especially the flower one which goes for rides with us)
  • Can click her tongue
  • Is trying to learn to laugh
  • Can hold her head 90 degrees for small stretches
  • Sleeps between 5-7 hours in a stretch (provided no tummy aches arise)
  • Takes between 4-6 ozs per feed
  • Wears Size 1 diapers
  • Fits well in her 0-3 month tops but not so much the bottoms. I promise you could squeeze another small child in those bottoms!
  • Doesn't nap during the day very well at all
  • Prefers tummy time on Mommy's chest
  • Headbutted Mommy doing above mentioned tummy time and busted my lip ~ this one I hope we don't duplicate often. At least you didn't even seem to notice! (By the way, Daddy finds this rather amusing ~ just wait until it's his turn!)
  • Has an uncanny ability to scream bloody murder and then break into a beautiful grin ~ making the last hours of bloody screaming forgettable :)
  • Attended her first car show
  • And finally, IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!

3 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

She does have the BEST smile ever! :-) You are the BEST mommy and Sophie is lucky to have you!!!

Holly said...

She is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to Sophie and Jay comparing smiles in person!!!