Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Saltimbanco Saturday :)

Let me just start with this..."If you haven't yet seen a Cirque du Soleil show, PLEASE GO!!!" Our very first Cirque experience was this past Valentine's Day. The four of us* went to see "O" while we were in Vegas and it was SOOOOOO amazing! We vowed if we were ever given a chance to see another show, we were going, no questions asked!

So, when Saltimbanco came to Houston, we bought tickets immediately. Now, I have to say, Saltimbanco was much different than "O" and we were I think all expecting something a little different! This is not to discredit the amazing acts and talented performers, we were just a bit surprised at how different the two shows were. Anyway, to describe a Cirque show would require words that I do not know :) It is truly something you have to see to believe! Hence, the big PLEASE GO!!! above :)

I have to say that of the entire show, my favorite parts were the pole climbers and the trapeze acts ~ the amount of trust that those people have with one another is from some other world! On a number of occasions, you would think the audible gasps from the crowd would have sucked all the air from the Toyota Center! Obviously it didn't since I'm still breathing :) but you get the point!

Unfortunately, you can't take pictures inside, though for the artists safety, I COMPLETELY understand! Here are a couple from before we went in! We had a great time and can't wait for our next Cirque show :) If Jaime and I could ever get the boys to take us to NYC, I bet we could see a great one :) Hint, hint Kevin and James!!!



*For all future posts, when I say the four of us, just know I am referring to James and Jaime! The four of us are a pack all our own ~ the greatest best friends ever and a part of our family forevermore!

No comments: