As you already know from previous posts, we had a fun-filled lake weekend recently. What I didn't mention is that of all the things I successfully packed, I FORGOT MY BOOKS!!!!!!! Thankfully while we were out gathering a few necessities on Thursday evening, Jaime mentioned books and we realized I had nothing to read while relaxing on the lake! Obviously this just WAS NOT an option so we made a trip to good old faithful Wally World. Whoosh ~ crisis averted!
Well, I picked up two books (just in case) :) "Take Two", by Karen Kingsbury, whom Jaime and I have fallen in love with ~ her characters are so wonderful and as corny as this is, you start to love them as if they are real! Proof she is a fantastic author. *If you are interested in her books, there are several series leading up to the Above the Line series, which contains "Take Two". This may seem like a strange disclaimer, but Jaime and I sort of went backwards because we didn't research all of her series ahead of time ~ oops :)*
The second book was "Fireproof", which is also a movie. James and Jaime have seen the movie, as have many other people I know, and while I have heard the acting is subpar, I've also been told the message is well worth it. We still haven't watched the movie, but it is without a doubt on the list for this weekend!
I started reading "Fireproof" on Tuesday evening and finished it last night. I'm not even sure how to put into words the truth behind this book. Whether your marriage is great, good, bad or indifferent, the things you could learn from this book are endless. I don't want to give away too much of the storyline for those of you who may not have read/watched it yet, but the bottom line is that marriages are hard and require work every single day, even more so when you don't feel like it matters.
How often do we forget the little things for our spouses or pass blame for being annoyed? Kevin and I have just passed the four-year mark and despite the good and bad times, I love him desperately and know that God made us for each other even before we were born ~ it's a pretty amazing thought if you sit and ponder than for a second... So after I finished the book last night, I wondered if "The Love Dare" is a real book or was it just made up for the storyline. I researched that question this morning and will be making a trip to Lifeway today to pick up "The Love Dare"!
I am super excited about reading the daily challenge of how to make your spouse feel more special and more loved ~ cause it truly is the little things that matter! I can't wait to see how our marriage changes in the next 40 days :)
http://www.blogger.com/www.bhpublishinggroup.com/lovedare/
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/26851243#26851243


No comments:
Post a Comment