Don't you ever wish you could just go to back to bed and start over?! That was me today... I woke up later than I should have ~ stupid snooze button ~ and was rushing to get Annie to rehab. Of course, I was lazy last night and didn't want to stop for gas...paid for that one this morning! Annie cried when I dropped her off and while she is a dog, it is still heartbreaking for me as her Mommy. Work was work ~ a little confused by the 199 deduction ~ for those of you who are not tax geeks, just know it was confusing ;) The boat we had reserved for our lake trip this weekend was trashed out by the last renters and we are now struggling to find a replacement last minute. Since Kevin is still out of town, I was on drop-off and pick-up duty. The rehab report today was less than stellar (did I just use that word??). Her rehab family reported that Annie wasn't trying as hard today and seemed very depressed...though I did receive an abundance of kisses when I came to pick her up. We get home, she and George eat, and no sooner have I moved her from the kitchen to the couch than she throws every last morsel back up :( Poor Jaime was on the phone while all this was going on! So after the massive clean-up, I decide we will go sit in bed with the hopes that Annie will just rest and thus, feel better soon! So of course, now she wants to play ~ why oh why??? And then...the SCARY part...she screams for no apparent reason! Of course, with her history, I go into panic mode and call Jaime who sensibly tells me to take her over to our beloved Eva! Eva is one of Annie's rehab specialists and thankfully lives a block away! Thank you Lord!!! Eva assesses Annie for at least 45 minutes and makes a call to Dr. Brode to verify whether this is an ER trip or not. Luckily, we decide that Annie is going to be ok for now and maybe is just regaining sensation :) or having serious tummy ache issues :( So we are now back at home ~ George is being a great big brother and sleeping in bed with Sissy! He was very excited to see her, which is not all that common as of late :) Jealousy and sibling rivalry ~ not just for human children!
Annie is in for another rehab day tomorrow, potentially with the addition of x-rays and an MRI just to double check everything back related. Kevin should be here in approximately 2 1/2 hours and tomorrow is our 4 year wedding anniversary, so there are a few silver linings to this insane day!
So now all that being said about this being one of THOSE days, I will remind myself of Psalm 118:24 ~ "This is the day that the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be GLAD in it." Hard today to rejoice and not cry, which I already have on several occasions, but I will try! Plus, all things considered, it could be worse! So I will REJOICE to the best of my ability!


No comments:
Post a Comment