For so many reasons this was a special Mother's Day for me. For starters, I have the most amazing, precious, loving two-year old angel I could ever imagine. Second of all, I was in my last month of pregnancy with my sweet Lilah Elizabeth, anxiously awaiting her arrival. And finally, we had the honor of witnessing our best friends dedicate our darling nieces back to the Lord. I mean how blessed are we?
Some moms do getaways and take a day to themselves. I totally support that ~ all of us mommies need breaks on a regular basis! But my perfect Mother's Day is just being with my babies. I don't need lavish gifts or special dinners...I just need my babies!
Mommy and her girls!
A few weeks later, Lilah was no longer a "bump" ~
crazy how this seems like yesterday and yet, so long ago at the same time.
This sweet family means the world to us! It's not often that you have friends that love you so unconditionally and support you with an undying faith. At this point, I don't even bother to correct people when they refer to Jaime as my sister. She is. Maybe not by blood, but in every other way imaginable. So what joy we shared with them on this day...a day we had all waited for, prayed for, and anticipated with a faith in our Lord, knowing one day He would provide this amazing couple the desires of their hearts. And boy did He! Times two :)
As special as this day is for me, I can only imagine how special it was for my dearest friend. A long journey this couple endured. But one in which she showed amazing strength, bravery and most of all love and faith. Watching these sweet babies be given back to the Lord who gave them to us, was truly one of the most amazing experiences of my life. My heart truly rejoiced and the presence of the Lord in our lives was obvious. Because how can you look at these precious, chubby, blue-eyed angels and not know that the Lord is good?!
Emeri Faith and Avari Hope ~ You are loved beyond words sweet girls. Not only by your amazing parents, but by so many others. And even with all that love, always remember the Lord loves you MORE! To the moon and back baby girls ~ always and forever!


And of course, we had to do a mini photo shoot afterwards! We wouldn't be us if we didn't :)
Sweet family!
And add in a Nannie and Nana :)
I say this a lot, but I do wonder what next year's photo will look like :)
Is it even possible to get FOUR girls to look at the camera?! At the same time????!!!
Cause you see, I can't even get ONE to look at the camera!
At least Lilah cooperated :)
And Emi and Avi did too ~ at least this time! Love these girls :)
So yes, this was clearly a very special Mother's Day. And I hope one day, my girls will say the same thing that President Lincoln once did..."I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."





1 comment:
Thank you for supporting us on our special day and most importantly, through this entire journey! Love y'all more than you could ever know!
Post a Comment