Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Little Fish!

Kevin and I finally enrolled Sophia in swim lessons a couple months ago.  I won't lie. Mommy was nervous.  One of those, "I am not in control" situations which make me realize I can't protect my child from everything.  But the truth is, I was more nervous about NOT enrolling her.

You see, my kid has no fear of water...and when I say no fear, I literally mean NO fear. Even when she was barely a year old and we took her to Port Aransas, she went straight for the water.  Who needs Mom and Dad?  She had this!  

So with all the pools in our neighborhood and her love of water, I knew it was time to make sure that she learn the basic survival skills.  How to climb out, how to float, how to hold her breath.  And if I was lucky, maybe she would develop at least a healthy fear of water.  Note the word healthy.  I don't want her to be scared of water.  I just want her to realize that it can be dangerous. That she can't simply leap in and take off.  It just doesn't work like that.  So lessons it is ;)

I knew she would love it.  That I didn't question.  But boy, does she LOVE it!!!






I think it's safe to say that Daddy has a little water buddy on his hands.  Maybe even a future scuba diving buddy!  Mommy will just wave from the beach and enjoy a little R&R :)  Now to start convincing Lilah to be my beach bum buddy...

No comments: