Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Surprised?!

Me too!  I'd like to say I have a million reasons for not updating the blog...and frankly, I could list a few.  You know, something like this...work, chasing a toddler around, baking a baby, and of course normal every day life.  Heck, when I list it like that, I pretty much have no reason...but really, I promise that is a lot even if it only looks like four things!

However, if I had to be absolutely honest, I think I kind of just burned myself out and blogging became more of a chore than something I truly enjoyed doing.  So I got overwhelmed and just backed off a little.  But, I'm back.  At least for now!

So that being said...let's take it back a couple months.  Yes, that's right.  It's Christmas-time in February :)

This year, or wait...I suppose last year is more appropriate since I am so far behind..., we did things a little differently.  Instead of splitting our time between families over the same weekend, we decided to plan two weekends for Christmas back home.  Yes, it was more traveling, but I actually think it might have been less stressful.  Now this year...with two kiddos...hmmm, well we will simply cross that bridge when we get there!  Besides, I think it's safe to say that Soph had a fabulous time and didn't really seem to tire of all the attention...or presents for that matter!

Here's a small glimpse of Christmas weekend with Kevin's side of the family...and yes, there will be more Christmas in February to come :)

And what's a Texas Christmas if you can't share some ice cream with your Pawpaw :)
Spoiled much?!
 Present time...
 
 Just a little bit of ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!!!!!
 The girls :)  Gotta love cousins!

And later Saturday evening, Soph and I continued our gingerbread house tradition.
And for the second year in a row, I think I did all the work :)
 
Her work of art ;)

And I'm almost certain that about 30 minutes after this photo, Mommy fell into bed absolutely beyond exhausted.  This baby making thing is harder the second time around :)  And yet, I love every second of it! Love you little Lilah  Bear!

No comments: