This Christmas was so different in terms of our sweet girl, which basically translates into the fact that she is 100% mobile this year! Sure, last year she was crawling around...but nothing compared to the full on running that now ensues on a normal basis :) I had some concerns about the amount of "help" she would be and of course, the safety of our Christmas tree ornaments. However, at least last year after Christmas I had the presence of mind to invest is some non-shatter ornaments, and yes, on more than one occasion they saved us!
Sophie LOVES to help...with ANYTHING...meaning, rather you need help or not :) She loves to help Dada build things. She loves to help Momma cook and clean. She loves to help Bubba eat - which means Bubba eats really well in comparison to his past diet of only dog food! Either way, you see where this is going. She loves, loves, loves to help, and I certainly don't want to discourage such a habit. I mean come on...when she hits the teenage years, I highly doubt the desire to help will be quite so "willing" if you get my drift.
All that to say, when it came to decorating for Christmas, we let her "help"! As much as we could anyway...
Only the ABSOLUTE cutest helper in the entire world!
I mean, come on, you cannot help but fall in love with how precious she is!



This was what she was pointing to in the last picture...
She spotted her Dada and was quite concerned about his whereabouts!
Helping Mommy with Mr. Snowman...now renamed "MY owman" by one particular young lady...
though I am not naming names or anything :)
though I am not naming names or anything :)



Our Christmas Village
This one she didn't actually get to help with...um...can we say breakable! Her "help" involved cleaning the box, floor, wall, whatever was nearby with a baby wipe. Believe it or not, this is one of her favorite things to do !



Attempting to decorate the tree with Mommy!
(Kind of sad that she is decorating the Christmas tree in shorts and a t-shirt...)




Removing the ornament she worked so hard to get ON the tree...

And finally, after Mommy made her put the ornament BACK on the tree!

Daddy and Soph putting up the angel



The finished product!
I'm sure the videos won't be all that thrilling for you devoted readers but if you know me, it all has to be documented! Plus, it was our first Christmas in the new house!
Pardon the tears...a certain someone got in trouble for not holding her Dada's hand while crossing the street.
I might be a little late in wishing it, but I hope you all had a very Merry CHRISTmas! Hard to believe next year there will be two little girls to keep up with :) And I wouldn't have it any other way!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment