Well, I think a "bucket list" is a great idea ~ hence, why I have one. And just when I am a few days from marking off "run a 5K", my bucket list item, well...it kicked the bucket!
Three days of knee pain and swelling + One trip to the orthodopedic surgeon = One diagnosis of Chondromalacia (Patellofemoral Syndrome). And yes, that is the technical doctor term. What is it in regular people terms? It's runner's knee. And the cure...you guessed it, NO RUNNING! Oh and no squatting, three weeks of anti-inflammatory, physical therapy exercises twice a day and lots of leg rest.
Yes, I am sad that my bucket list item kicked the bucket :( BUT I am going to look on the bright side ~ no surgery (yet anyway)! Oh, and Sophie started crawling today! So that whole "lots of leg rest" thing, well, yeah, that's probably not going to happen :)
Wishing my fellow Moms on the Run ladies a great race on Saturday!!! I'm running with you in spirit!


1 comment:
I am so sorry that you are going through this but I want you to know how VERY proud I am of you! You had a goal in my mind, set your heart to it, and came so far....you've accomplished so much!! We can't always help how our bodies respond to "life" but you fought until the very end. At least you know that you can do it!!! I say keep moving forward and marking those things off your bucket list!! :-)
PS: Go Sophie, GO! :-)
Post a Comment