Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Two Week Update

Sophie is growing up so fast. It is hard to believe that she is already two weeks old :( I have no idea where the time went. It seems like yesterday when I saw her for the first time in an operating room ~ and yet, it also seems like she has been a part of our family forever. Maybe this is just how it works??? God knows what He's doing and prepares your heart so far in advance that you just become a family. Looking at her brings me peace and makes me complete. The only way I know how to explain it, is this.

I had a hole in my heart. Honestly, one I didn't know I had. But, the day she was born, I realized the hole was there, and my precious daughter is the only one who can fill it ~ she is the perfect fit.

My life is more joyful with Sophie in it. I am a better person for being her mother. And I will strive every day of my life, to make her proud, to raise her right, and to love her more than anyone could ever think possible.

At two weeks, Sophie weighs 6 lbs 15 ozs, sleeps about 2 1/2 hours at a time, eats between 2 and 2 1/2 ozs per feeding, loves being held and is melting my heart more every second of the day.

Sophie was such a trooper at her two week appointment (4/28/10). Thankfully, she didn't have to have shots this time ~ we only had to have blood drawn for her second PKU test for the state. Neither Daddy or I cried, but I sure wanted to :( On a positive note and one deserving much praise and thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father, Sophie is still showing NO SIGNS of hip dysplasia! Because she was breech in the womb for so long, this is something that will have to be continually monitored...but for now, she is absolutely perfect! We also got a prescription for some eye ointment for the clogged tear ducts and are anxious for this to clear up the "goop" that is hiding my baby's big blue (but getting darker) eyes.

Here are a few more pics of my angel! It's a good thing this is my blog and I have rights as the sole editor because I sure do take a lot of pictures :)

Two Weeks and Still Tiny!

Two Week Close- Up


Two Week PKU Test :(



My 1st Time at a Restaurant! Mommy and Daddy went to Gringo's after my appointment :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both! I know it is amazing and taxing all at the same time! I am around if ya ever need me! Congrats again! She is precious!