Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sophia Grace Taliaferro

As most of you know by now, our sweet Sophia officially joined the outside world on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 8:07 am. And even if I do say so myself, we think she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I cannot even begin to explain the amount of love that we have for this tiny 6 lbs 13 oz bundle of joy!

There are so many things I wish I could say ~ but be forewarned, I am on a drug that has twice the impact of Vicodin so if this post is a little scattered, just blame it on the meds!

First of all, Kevin and I want to let everyone know that we are so grateful for all the prayers we have received throughout this pregnancy and especially over the last couple of days. It is so very hard for Kevin and I not to be able to hold our precious daughter, to change her diapers, to feed her when she is hungry...just to be Mommy and Daddy the way we want to be. Please know your prayers are working and not only helping Sophie, but also providing us with peace and understanding when we need it most.

Sophie has developed respiratory complications from the c-section. While she is healthy in every other way (for which we are eternally grateful), our little Boo Bear can't regulate her own breathing due to the fluid that has accumulated in her lungs. The approved Compressions Per Minute (CPM) range is between 30-60. Sophie is a tiny bit stubborn ~and for some reason, people have been saying "just like her Momma" ~ what does that mean exactly :). Anyway, I digress. Sophie is determined (sounds better than stubborn!) to do things in her own timing and her own way. Right now her CPMs will be great for a few minutes and then she will spike somewhere way above 60 ~ we've seen her go from 35 to 70 in the blink of an eye or just stay in the 70s or 80s for a few seconds. Just that alone means she does not qualify to be admitted to the General Nursery and is therefore, in the Level 2 NICU. The NICU nurses have been super sweet and we are able to visit as often as we like. This morning we are anxiously awaiting an update from the pediatrician! Here's hoping for good news :)

On another note, I officially have the greatest husband in the entire world. Kevin has split his time between the NICU and my room like a pro. Despite being totally exhausted, he has been there every baby step of the way while I recover...and when I say baby steps ~ they are literally baby steps! Today I am officially IV and epidural free...though that whole epidural free part is sort of a downer at the same time. Thank the Lord for good drugs! Hopefully, my recovery will continue to progress each day as I hate being unable to take care of myself like a normal person. Which is why I am so very, very blessed to have a wonderful husband who loves me and his daughter more than anything in this world. He has truly given me the greatest gift anyone could have ever imagined.

He gave me this...



and for that gift, our lives are forever changed in the most amazing and beautiful way. We love you Sophie Grace.

Always and forever,
Mommy and Daddy

P.S. All the videos and pictures can be accessed through this link. In at attempt at full disclosure, there are operating pics too but nothing bloody! Hope you enjoy as much as we do!!!

1 comment:

Jonell w Harrison said...

O thank you so much for the post and sharing pictures NOW I feel so much better with more information! Here's praying for BREATHING EASIER as we are now..PTL

Heather you didn't even look awful after delivery..how do u manage THAT???