The last month...man, where do I start. The last month has been something else. At some point in the last month, I feel like I lost my baby. Oh, she is still a baby and will always be my baby, but she has just blossomed. Maybe it's more that point of going from an infant stage to a true baby stage. I don't really have words to explain myself, but I know you parents out there understand.
I mean half a year old. Half a year!
Our little girl has such a sweet spirit. I love to watch life through her eyes. The sheer joy of those she loves, the precious cuddles, those big, blue eyes staring up at me. Utter trust and unconditional love. Absolute peace and the innocence of a child. The beautiful miracle of babies and children...there is nothing quite like it in all the world.
It is the greatest honor of my life to be their Mommy, and I will cherish and love them every single day of my life.
In the last month sweet baby, you have done so much! You amaze me every single day...and I will do my very best to remember all of the special moments in the last month. Happy six months sweet girl!
Lilah Elizabeth, at HALF A YEAR, you...
- Wear size 3-6 months clothes and size 2 diapers
- Weighed 14.14 lbs (24.78%) and were 26.5" tall (74.44%) with a head circumference of 16.73" (49.31%) at your six-month checkup on 12/19
- Nurse about 5 times a day, have 2-3 meals and an afternoon snack.
- Sleep from around 7pm-6am...give or take a half hour or so. You still wake up sometimes but not to eat. Generally, you just want to be held, and I get suckered in every. single. time.
- Got your first flu shot :( I'm sorry to say you have a second round in a couple weeks. I promise it's for your own good :/ Technically, you were six months and one week, but close enough to count!
- Have greatly expanded your food options: sweet potato, carrots, apples, pears, peas, zucchini (which you hate), white potato, squash, mum mums, puffs, baby Cheetos, and banana like a big kid (meaning you eat little chunks or gum away at a regular banana while we hold onto it)
- Were introduced to baby juices and water. You are a fan of both!
- Love sippy cups and feeding yourself
- Don't cuddle as much anymore...I am sooooo sad ;( Even now, it kind of makes me tear up.
- Despite the above, you do not like for me to be out of your sight for long. And you definitely have some stranger danger tendencies. You are a bit particular about people and who holds you, especially when you are tired.
- When I nurse and rock you at night, you throw yourself backwards and whine until you just get laid down. You do love your bed, that is for sure!
- Take a really good nap usually. However, you have a small window of time. If I push too hard or too late, nap time is not successful. But I am so, so grateful that you and Sophia are working on coordinating nap times.
- Love Bubble Guppies and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- Are without a doubt teething...drool, everything in your mouth, random crying fits.
- Like to pull hair :( DISLIKE!
- Could watch George all day. I think you like his fluffiness. However, you did go through a stage of being scared of him. I have no idea what this was about.
- Still love to watch your sister sing and dance all crazy. She's good entertainment :)
- Love being tickled and have your tummy blown on.
- Get super excited about bath time.
- Still enjoy exersaucer time and the walker Daddy got down for you.
- Have really started chattering syllables. We almost thought we heard da-da once but I'm not convinced, so I'm not counting it :) I have heard ba-ba-ba-ba. Of course, you don't really take bottles, so I'm not counting that either! Frankly, until you say Ma-Ma I may not count anything :)
- Still have the most gorgeous blue eyes, the most contagious smile, a laugh that captivates a room and the beauty of an angel. Can you tell I just adore you? Because I do. To the moon and back a million times.
You are so very, very precious. My cup overfloweth precious girl.
All my love, forever and always,
Mommy
Precious smiles...melt my heart!


My rolly polly...
I suspect this is the last time I even attempt this particular growth picture :/
Sweet sisters...




1 comment:
Such beauties your girls are! WOW is your hubby surrounded by THE PINK...am sure he is a doting Daddy in a house full of girls!
Loving you,
JH
Post a Comment