It's crazy for me to look back now at all these things that our sweet Lilah had just achieved. It seems like it should have been just yesterday. And at the same time, it seems like a distant memory already. I fear I will blink and both of my girls will already be driving, graduating, going to college, getting married and having kids of their own. So as I write down what happened two months ago, it is such a bittersweet post. On one hand, it brings back that "proud momma" feeling in my heart and makes me smile. But on the other hand it brings tears to my eyes as I wonder just where two months went.
I love this little girl more than words could even begin to describe. She is full of smiles, laughs and high-pitched squeals. She is serious and mellow, yet somehow feisty at the same time. At five months you, my sweet Lilah, are just a precious little cuddle bug and I simply can't get enough. I could just squeeze you until you popped...but of course I'll refrain from squeezing quite THAT tight!
At five months, Lilah Elizabeth, you...
- Wear sizes 3-month or 3-6 months depending
- Wear size 2 diapers...the size 1s were just getting a little too snug and did not appear comfortable.
- Take naps on your tummy...pediatrician approved
- Watch us all eat like a hawk which convinced me you were ready for your first "real" food. Yummy rice cereal! Seriously though, I'm sure glad infants don't really know any better because there is NO was that goop tastes good.
- Eat your hands...apparently at least those taste good :)
- Have tried rice, avocado and banana (in that order). You would much prefer to eat banana over the avocado, and it's actually still one of your favorites. Also tried carrots, but that did not sit well with your tummy at the time.
- We thought you had an allergy to rice. On the positive side, we don't. On the negative side, we had a horrid case of the stomach bug which resulted in an eventual trip to TCH to rule out a few more serious possibilities. Thankfully, all of those tests were normal and the stomach bug ended up running its course after about two weeks.
- Went to visit JuJu, Tia and Uncle Daniel for the first time
- Took your first non-sling bath on 10/28
- At just over four months you could prop yourself up and sit unassisted for a few seconds. A couple weeks later you had sitting mastered.
- Love the exersaucer
- Hate lying on your back
- Sleep on your side or tummy. It doesn't take you long to flip yourself off your back anymore. I think sometimes you wonder why we even bother.
- Can put your paci back in by yourself! Thank you for this :) Funny how in one month, you went from not really being interested to being slightly infatuated!
- Love to stand and can do so with a little support.
- Have mastered rolling
- Enjoyed your first Thanksgiving and did great with all the driving ~ so much better than I anticipated. Truth be told, I was dreading that car trip like the plague. Sometimes I like being proven wrong :)
- Spent a few days without Mommy while I was in NYC. You did amazing for Daddy but boy, did I miss my babies!
- Thanksgiving was also your first official trip to the "farmlet"
- Participated and had a great time at our first annual Kids Christmas Crafting party
- Love playing with C-man (aka Crenson)
- Get the biggest smile on your face in the mornings when Sophia comes to say good morning. You still adore your sister more than anyone else. I mean I like to think you love me the most, but I'm just not all that sure that's the case.
- Put yourself to sleep really well. You might chat and coo for a while, but you thankfully don't normally require swing time or cry it out (though there are the random moments).
- Have the most contagious smile and laugh. Half the time, I don't even know what's funny but it doesn't even matter, I laugh right along with you.
- Love when your Daddy gets home, and I happen to know the smile you give him absolutely melts his heart.
- And finally, as always, are a true joy to our home. Funny how we didn't know anything was missing until you came along. You are so incredibly special baby girl. Never forget it and never let anyone make you feel otherwise.
We love you to the moon and back.
Forever and always,
Mommy
Now do you know why I could just squeeze her until she pops?!
I mean SOOOO cute!!!!!!


Sisterly love...
A little more successful than last month :)


No comments:
Post a Comment