Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 10, 2011

Faith, Hope and Love...

...but the greatest of these is love.  And truly, my heart overfloweth for this sweet family.  They are not only our best friends, but our family.  We have walked the journey of life with them for years.  We have endured the happy times and the heartbreaking times, the joys of life and the trials of life.  We have watched each other finish college, get engaged, walk down the aisle, say goodbye to loved ones and hello to new ones.

I think it's safe to say, that despite the roads we had previously traveled together, none of us truly knew the journey that was facing our best friends.  It is a journey that I had never really witnessed anyone go through.  The journey of fertility is one that is wrought with pain, hope, love, fear, uncertainty, strength, and faith ~ and that's just from someone walking along side their friends and not truly experiencing it themselves.

What I can say about our sweet friends, with absolute certainty, is that they walked this journey with the most amazing strength, love and faith that I have ever seen.  Not only did they draw closer to one another, but more importantly closer to the Lord.  And when the timing was right in His perfect plan, the Lord granted them the desires of their heart ~ times two!

I have never been happier for two people in my whole life to welcome babIES into this world.  The girls and I always said that one day we would be throwing Jaime the best baby shower ever one day!  And I sure hope we accomplished that much for you, sweet friend.  It was truly an honor to help plan this big day for you.  I hope you and James know how much you are loved and cherished...not just by our family, but by so many.  You both have an incredible heart for the Lord and have offered strength to so many by sharing your journey openly and honestly.  Most importantly, you never fail to give the glory to God.  These girls are so blessed to have you as their parents, and I know the Lord has amazing plans for your family.

Thank you for letting us share in this journey with you!  It is an honor to be a part of your lives.  I can't wait to meet these precious baby girls...my heart overfloweth!

2 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

Okay...you just brought tears to my eyes and you know I DON'T cry!!! That was beautiful and yes, you guys did throw me the BEST baby shower ever! My heart overfloweth for so many reasons right now....one being that we have the BEST friends in the world to share this special time with. Thank you so much for the constant prayers and support....couldn't have made it without you! Muah :)

The Taliaferro Family said...

Ha ha ~ made you cry! Just kidding :) We love you guys too ~ all six of you!