On Christmas Eve Eve (I guess I can make that a thing???), we spent the afternoon with Debbie, Daniel and Julian. I had to "work" (I use quotation marks because there wasn't much work going on given no one was actually in the office!) half a day that Thursday, but afterwards it was an afternoon of fun filled times with some our dearest friends. Certainly doesn't get much better than that :)
Daniel made, yes MADE, lasagna. And cookies, HOMEMADE cookies ~ sugar and snickerdoodle! Heaven I tell you. Heaven. I'd like to say I took a picture of the wonderful food. But...I didn't...I ate it instead!
After our wonderful lunch, we did presents with the kiddos. I have to say ~ the gifts were a hit :) Sophie loves her push toy. It makes noise ~ music, songs, phone ringing, teaches words and alphabets. What more could one kid ask for??? And the best part of it all...it keeps her entertained in Mommy and Daddy's room long enough for us to get dressed every morning! God bless you Aunt Debbie (and Uncle Daniel and Julian of course)! Her gift was absolutely perfect :)
Sophie got Julian a Laugh and Learn Musical table. Every parent I know has one of these or at least something similar and swears by it. Apparently these things are a gold-mine of fun! Whatever keeps them happy, smiling and entertained :)
Sophie got Julian a Laugh and Learn Musical table. Every parent I know has one of these or at least something similar and swears by it. Apparently these things are a gold-mine of fun! Whatever keeps them happy, smiling and entertained :)
After the present mania, we took a trip to the zoo downtown. And for the record, the second attempt at the zoo was MUCH more successful than the first :) The proof is in the pictures!
The Lion Den
(Unfortunately, we also witnessed the death of one little birdie. Thankfully, the kiddos aren't old enough to remember that part! Poor little thing :( At least it was a quick death???)
Fist Bump :) Love these two little munchkins!
Um, Sophie looks a little "duh" in this photo! And, I have no idea what Julian is doing but whatever it is, it's stinking hilarious!!! (I am literally laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes right now!!!)
Dad, let's go here!
African Forest Here We Come!
In the dome = Happy!
In the dome = Julian Sad! Oh how quickly things can change!
This smile is PRICELESS!
Gettin' Down with the Daddies!
Animals!
Happy Mommies + Happy Babies!
And of course, no zoo trip is complete without a ride on the carousel!
A special thank you to Aunt Debbie, Uncle Daniel and Julian for a great day! We love you all more than you could ever know and are so very blessed to have you in our lives!!!











2 comments:
Looks like the kids had a wonderful time! Did the lion eat the bird? I can't wait to take Logan back to the zoo next year when he is just a tad older. And love Miss Sophie's smile!
Yes, they did! And yes, it did :(
Post a Comment