Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Date Day!

The Tuesday after Christmas with our sweet Sophie feeling ten times better than she had been, we decided to keep our previously planned date day and enjoy some kid-free time with our best friends.

Side Note:  I cannot tell you how very blessed we are to have such a wonderful babysitter.  You know you have a wonderful babysitter when you don't worry when you walk out the door.  Now that isn't saying I am not subconsciously counting the minutes until I get back to her, but having such an amazing sitter truly does make our lives so much better!

The four of us went to lunch at Lupe Tortilla.  Mexican ~ are you shocked???  If it was up to Jaime and I, we would eat Mexican EVERY time we go out.  However, just for the sake of being the amazing wives we are :), we do OCCASIONALLY go elsewhere. But most of the time, we just switch up which Mexican restaurant we are going to! Variety is the spice of life, right?!

After lunch we went to see The Little Fockers, had a few laughs, a little popcorn (ok, that was just me!), and then headed back for games!  Normally we do girls against boys, but this time we did card games so it was every man/woman for themselves. Can you say friendly competition?!  We love our games ~ we don't like to lose per se, but we do like to play :)  I wouldn't say we are sore losers, we just keep playing until we win!

I don't have any date day pictures but I do have...get ready for it...MORE CHRISTMAS!  This was Sophie's last official Christmas gift.  And she loves it!  Like I said in an earlier Christmas post, these little musical learning tables are a gold-mine!!! Not a day has gone by since then that she hasn't played with her table ~ and if it keeps our child's attention that long, you know it must be fun!
Oh, and I think I left off one other "Christmas Present" Aunt Jaime shared with Sophie ~ Caramel Turtle Ice Cream Pie from Coldstone!  Now we know why Sophie loves her so much :)  Just kidding Aunt Jaja!  (For the record, I did give the a-ok for her to share!)
Thank you Aunt Jaja, Uncle James, Max and Lily for a wonderful day !  We love you guys so very much!!!

P.S.  You may now sigh from relief!  That is officially the last Christmas post!!!  Did you ever think it would end???

2 comments:

The Paradis Family said...

AHHHHH.....I need these pictures too!! So cute....what a fun time....counting down till the next break. And by the way, it's my job to spoil that little one rotten and give her EVERYTHING she wants (well, almost everything) ;-P And when are you going to tell the world that YOU shared said Mexican food with her?!?! :)

The Taliaferro Family said...

Ok yes, I did share Mexican food with her but the queso was technically off of YOUR plate! Either way, she LOVED it, which is all that really matters :)