Being a mother is by far the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life, but I also know it is going to be the most rewarding thing I will ever get the opportunity to do. I don't take the fact that the Lord chose us to be Sophie's parents for granted even for one second. We are so, so blessed!
Thankfully, the dogs adore their new sister...sometimes a little too much adoration (aka licking) is involved. Annie loves to sniff (especially her diapers which is somewhat weird and gross) and is said licker mentioned above. She also wants to share all of Sophie's toys and blankets...this one will require some more work :) George comes running anytime she cries ~ poor thing looks as exhausted as Mommy and Daddy!!! And the cutest thing is that every time she cries, George brings her his ball. If you know our dog at all, the ball is his FAVORITE thing in the entire world (though the sprinkler runs a close second). For him to offer his ball is so sweet of him and he makes me a proud Mommy. One day I know Sophie and George will have a great fetching relationship!
Sophie will have her two week appointment this Wednesday morning. Mommy and Daddy are dreading those shots ~ I know it is going to break my heart and probably her Daddy's more :( I keep telling myself she is too little to hate me forever and that it's for her own good...still dreading that visit though!
I go back to the doctor on Friday morning and am hoping to be officially released to drive. Not that I necessarily want to pack mule a baby around just yet, but just for the sake of being able to :)
And now, since I'm sure this is really all you wanted to see...pictures!
Home Sweet Home!


2 comments:
I love her sooo much and I can't wait till Sophie and Julian meet. Their names sound perfect together already! She is a TRUE blessing from God and as cute as a button! Keep up the good work, Mom!
Love,
Aunt Debbie (+ Julian)
Oh my goodness Heather she is the cutest baby girl newborn I have ever seen! She is so precious. Congratulations!
Post a Comment