At eight months, our sweet Sophia is...
- MOBILE
- MOBILE
- And MORE MOBILE
- Crawling, Climbing, Pulling up on EVERYTHING, Letting Go and Trying to Stand Unsupported. Did I mention yet, that she is incredibly MOBILE?!
- Into anything you don't want her to be into...favorite "no-no" items...cords, fireplace screen and picture frames. By the way, there is just absolutely no way to fully child-proof a home ~ believe me, we tried!
- Loves the dogs :) Annie = AAAAAAAAAAAA at a very shrill volume. George = Bubu (and if that doesn't work George becomes a much shriller version of Annie.)
- Can say the following words: Bye Bye (with a wave), Mama, Dada, Bubu, Baba and a number of other jibberish things that we entertain as true conversation :)
- Missed a week of school due to a cold, a virus, then an ear infection and severe congestion. For the record, she still sounds AWFUL when she coughs.
- Clothes are a nightmare...6-months are the right length but too big, 9-month onesies fit ok but are still too big, and basically my kid needs to wear leggings of some form at all times as she is too skinny and too tall for most jeans.
- Is still in Size 2 diapers but I am going to change that on our next diaper shipment. Moving on up Kiddo!
- Weighs in at a whopping 16 lbs. I threw that whopping in there just because it makes me feel better! She's tiny ~ what do you do??
- Loves baby food, especially yogurt. Strawberry is her favorite, but peach and banana are satisfactory.
- Has tasted her first "solid" food...you know those little dissolvable yogurt drops and rice cake looking things...yeah those things.
- Met Santa Clause! And did very well I might add :)
- Has a brand new pair of Roller Skates. That is sort of an inside joke which will be explained in a separate post ~ Stay Tuned!
- Still loves school and all her friends. She also seems to really enjoy her big girl classroom (6-12 months) which is definitely set up for more mobile infants.
- Has the best smile and laugh ever. Though it has been missing for the last week...stupid sickness!
- Had her Christmas pictures taken ~ also a separate post to come (I'm a little behind on blogging!).
- And I'm sure I'm leaving out a million and one other things, but the most important is this ~ you are our precious, perfect gift from God!
Always and Forever,
Mommy and Daddy (and George and Annie)
Here is Sophie at almost 8 months old. I failed to take a picture ON her birthday for the first time ever :( Granted we were both miserably sick, so I'm going to blame it on that! You can also use this as a sneak peek to the upcoming Christmas post previously mentioned!



3 comments:
Awww.....she's growing up WAY too fast! Love the pic and can't wait to see the rest. Hey, isn't Aunt Jaja special enough to get a sneak peak before everyone else?!?!?
And the time does not slow down.It goes quicker =( Logan gave you a good preview huh- you can't fully baby proof a house. And yes, they prefer the things that are 'no-no'. And wait til she can say no-no and slap your hand back...We still have yet to take Logan to see Santa this year; we will be heading to Bass Pro next week!
I have been wanting to take Sophie there too! She is finally feeling better so hopefully we can next week :)
Post a Comment