Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lily Pie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Psalm 139:13-16

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." ~ Psalm 139:13-16

This verse literally brings tears to my eyes.  It is such an amazing, perfect truth from the Word.  To think that sometimes I believe that I have known Sophie longer than anyone else...  I held her in my womb.  I felt her first movements.  Spoke with her and loved her as only a mother can.  But, the TRUTH is, that is a lie.  I wasn't the first one to know her.  HE was!  And thank you Lord for that.  Thank you for giving us this wonderful blessing.  For allowing me to be her mother.  For trusting her life to us.  To raise her and show her Your love.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And Sunday, as we commit her back to You in front of our church congregation, I pray that You will remind us daily how truly blessed we are.  Give us strength to raise her in the midst of this crazy world, to give her a foundation in You that she can stand on no matter the trials she may face.  Love us Lord as only You can.  And Lord, I pray that You will knock on the door of her heart at a young age and that she will know You and love You all of her days.  She in Your hands Lord and there is no better place than that.  We love You and commit our sweet girl to You.  In Your name I pray these words, Amen!

While distance will keep our loved ones from sharing in this special occasion with us, please keep us in your prayers this coming Sunday.  Commit with us to raise our Sweet Sophie under the ways of the Lord and know that we love you all, and are so grateful to have so many people cherish our precious baby with all their hearts.  It is an honor to share our greatest blessing with each of you.

Parent Child Commitment:

Pastor: Do you commit your child to God?

Parents: We do

Pastor: As parents, do you promise to bring up
your child in the nurture and admonition of the
Lord?

Parents: We do

Pastor: Do you promise to the best of your ability
to provide a Christian home, teaching your
child the Bible both by precept and example,
and praying for the day when this precious gift
from God will trust Jesus as Savior and Lord
and come into the fellowship and service of the
church?

Parents: We do

Pastor to the Congregation:
Do you, the gathered congregation, join me
in recognizing that the Christian nurture of
children is a privilege of both the home and the
church and do you promise to pray for these
parents and provide an atmosphere in which
these children may grow to Christian maturity?

Congregation: We do

"Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or more are gathered together in My Name, I am there in the midst of them." ~ Matthew 18:19-20

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow Heather. That brought tears to my eyes too! It is ever so true, that He had this planned all along. I will pray for y'all, as always. And I can't wait to see pictures.

The Paradis Family said...

This is one of those moments, and yes there are way too many to name, that I am particularly proud to say that you are my best friend! I am proud that you guys are taking this step, making this HUGE commitment to raise Sophie in the ways of the Lord. I promise you that James and I will be right there beside you...every step of the way. Whatever you need, whenever you need it, and even if you don't, we are here to help you.....good times and bad! My prayer is that we will all be lights to shine for HIm in her life and that one day she will do the same for others. Our precious little Sophie....what a great day tomorrow will be! Love y'all sooo much!